Author Topic: Email settings- Checking SMTP server Settings- Advanced  (Read 5820 times)

Offline 1tb

Email settings- Checking SMTP server Settings- Advanced
« on: July 26, 2011, 01:46:43 AM »
Installing on SBS 2011- during install we specified "localhost" (no authentication) for SMTP server but this appears to have failed. We tried changing Email settings in advanced, but still doesn't seem to be working.

It would be nice to have a 'TEST' button to send a test email in this Settings Advanced area of the console to verify email SMTP settings, but in the absence of this how do I check this is working?

Can't seem to see anything in the Console that can force a report email to be sent on demand. What am I missing?

jx

Re: Email settings- Checking SMTP server Settings- Advanced
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:28:54 AM »
It would be nice to have a 'TEST' button to send a test email in this Settings Advanced area of the console to verify email SMTP settings, but in the absence of this how do I check this is working?
Good idea, I'll add that button to the internal wish list... ;-)

Can't seem to see anything in the Console that can force a report email to be sent on demand. What am I missing?
Define any report job that should deliver reports by email and run this job would be a test.

Please note that when troubleshooting email, there may be extra information in the log files, depending on the error. Please see ProgramData\Avast Software\Administration console\logs...

HTH

jx