Author Topic: Possible Security Issue II ???  (Read 1629 times)

Andrew11

Possible Security Issue II ???
« on: July 26, 2011, 08:46:37 PM »
Like the original thread with this same name, I too am having a problem with my Avast.

I was a McAfee user until I got a virus " Vists Antispyware 2012". Their fixes did not work so I resorted to downloading Webroot to fix the problem ( A HUGE mistake ) It ended up deleting all my Win32 files. I went to microsoft forum and they recommended I do a system restore. I did a system restore from about 10 days ago with no problem. Instead of reloading McAfee I talked to one of my good friends who recommended Avast. I downloaded and installed Avast, it ran its first indepth scan and found nothing. I then started to get pop up warnings of malicious URL's when I wasn't even online and then I started getting pop-up warnings that one of the malicious processes was Avast.

I then went to safe mode and downloaded and installed Adaware and ran it,, it found nothing so I ran it 3 times just to be safe all returned with nothing found.

I am stuck with a PC Windows Vista 32 Home Premium that whenever I go online, I have to type a VERY specific address on the url or I can't get there. If I use a yahoo/google/bing search and say look for used cars, I click on the link and it redirects me to something completely different topic or even website that wasn't even close to the topic I was looking for.

I could REALLY REALLY use some help, I can't do a system wipe due to some programs I no longer have the disks for as well as files ( Music & Work/background files etc..) I absolutely can't lose or replace.

Sincerely,

Andrew

Gargamel360

Re: Possible Security Issue II ???
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 09:09:42 PM »
Hi

Follow this guide>>http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.msg451454#msg451454, then start a new topic in the virus & worms section of the forum when the suggested tools are done and you have the logs.

Andrew11

Re: Possible Security Issue II ???
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 09:48:25 PM »
Thank you.