Author Topic: SafeZone and online banking  (Read 3006 times)

ethan76

SafeZone and online banking
« on: July 27, 2011, 10:35:15 AM »

Have not tried using online banking yet but I'd like to ask how can SafeZone protect me when I use online banking? Any settings that I should know of? I'll still have to install it(did a custom install of AIS) though.

Can you guys give me tips for online banking with Avast?

How about the so-called man-in-the-midde interception? About keyloggers and how'd I'd be protected by AIS?

Sorry for the questions really have not tried using online banking but it seems it's inevitable that soon I'll be forced to use it on wired and wifi connections.

I'd appreciate the tips that would be given.

Thank you very much. :)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: SafeZone and online banking
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 10:48:15 AM »
If you go to SafeZone, your default desktop will be changed to new protected desktop with own Windows shell (explorer.exe will not be even loaded). There are a lot of new benefits if you surf on different desktop: any running potentially malicious malware from default desktop can't intercept what you're doing in SafeZone (i.e. it can't monitor your keystrokes, capture screenshots, monitor your clipboard, see which windows are opened, read hidden passwords, etc). SafeZone uses own safe web browser (based on Google Chromium) with own secure DNS that protects against DNS Changer and other threats. SafeZone is also good for online shopping.

ethan76

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 11:00:27 AM »
Hello pk,

Thank for the reply. Any settings that I need to know of? Can switch to SafeZone when I want to and return to normal? Or can I use both at the same time?

ethan

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 02:29:35 AM »
You can use only SafeZone or normal desktop, not both same time. There're two ways how to leave SafeZone: switch back to the default desktop (and you can easily switch to SafeZone back to opened web browser) or terminate all running processes and going back to the default desktop. Try it and you'll see.

gdiloren

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »
When I use safezone and then close it, I have error message 1215 from sandboxie either 3.56 or latest 3.57.02 beta version. This was reported to Sandboxie forum this morning too so I guess we should see something on it soon, thanks! :(

ethan76

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 05:19:05 PM »
Thanks very much for the reply guys.

I also use SBIE 3.56(thanks for the heads-up gdiloren). I'll check-out the solution to this issue later but I'll go on installing SafeZone tomorrow.