Author Topic: avast! 4 Spanish available!  (Read 6477 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
avast! 4 Spanish available!
« on: June 20, 2003, 04:36:28 PM »
I'm happy to announce that the first avast! translation has been finished and is available to download.

Thanks to Hernan G. Brun, the Spanish language version of avast4 is ready.

Both the Simple and Enhanced User Interface have been translated, together with all the tools (Chest, Log Viewer) and the installation itself. The introductory help for the Simple User Interface is in Spanish as well. Other helps (both HTML and tooltip) are still English... they may be translated in the future.

We are very happy and we hope that the Spanish avast! users will be happy as well! :D

Currently, the installation packages can be downloaded here: Home version and Pro version. The official web pages are expected to be updated with the download links in 1-2 weeks. Meanwhile, Spanish-speaking users are encouraged to try the package and share their opinions with us!

SKI

Re:avast! 4 Spanish available! (install problem! :)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 09:07:37 AM »
When the Avast 4 PRO and Home SPANISH install process is about to finish it pops up an error, first a window titled Error with text 'Critical error' then another window titled Error with no text at all showing only an admiration mark, then it gets uninstalled

I've tried this on 3 XP machines and 2 Windows 98 with both PRO and HOME editions so is not a hardware/OS specific problem. The english installer works both fine, anyone have that problem?

PS: Tested on spanish versions of WinXP (SP1)  and Win98 SE

I really like Avast so please tell me if there is some test I can run so you can see a logfile or something, thanks!   (I have screenshoted those errors on JPG ready to send, just tell me where :D

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:avast! 4 Spanish available!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 09:14:38 AM »
I have already encountered the same error with another language installation. The install-makers were notified about the problem, so hopefully it will be fixed soon...

SKI

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 09:39:23 AM »
Thanks for that fast response!  :o

I'll (we'll) be waiting for the fix!  :)

SKI

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2003, 09:57:16 PM »
Any news regarding the installer issue? Is there any workaround to fix the current "critical setup error"?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Any estimated released date for the fixed setup? Sorry If Im asking too much but I really like Avast! and the spanish version is a big plus for me and many people I know :)

SKI

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 01:37:26 PM »
>I have already encountered the same error with another language >installation. The install-makers were notified about the problem, so >hopefully it will be fixed soon...

Hi Igor, since there is no fix yet for the setup problem is there any workaround to install non-english versions? ;D

Thanks in advance!

kubecj

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 02:03:06 AM »
Hi,

you may try to install from setupesp.exe (home version), then insert your pro number and manually update the program from internet. That should make it pro version.

Sorry for the hassle, it's already fixed, but the release is not ready for other reasons.