Author Topic: Is there a way to block Zynga Toolbar from ever getting on our computer?  (Read 4333 times)

yuppicide

My Girlfriend is playing those Facebook games. I don't mind her playing the games. I want the toolbar gone. I removed it from Firefox, but she reinstalled it.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
My Girlfriend is playing those Facebook games. I don't mind her playing the games. I want the toolbar gone. I removed it from Firefox, but she reinstalled it.

Well, sorry. But talk to your girlfriend. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

yuppicide

So you're telling me with Avast I can't do that? Maybe Ad-Block Plus then built into Firefox I can figure it out. Her account is limited so she can't install actual software, but this however doesn't show up in control panel only Firefox.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
So you're telling me with Avast I can't do that? Maybe Ad-Block Plus then built into Firefox I can figure it out. Her account is limited so she can't install actual software, but this however doesn't show up in control panel only Firefox.

What I was trying to tell you is that you shouldn't need any software for this.
Just talk to her. ;)
Solved.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 01:34:50 AM by Pondus »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
found this........i like the toolbar picture  ;D

Great pic...!! ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
found this........i like the toolbar picture  ;D
http://superuser.com/questions/9411/prevent-installation-of-ie-toolbars

Not a lot of help when she is using firefox ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

yuppicide

No talking to her. She wants the toolbar since it gives you things. I hate toolbars since it gives me less real estate on screen. Lady at work had 3 toolbars installed.. annoyed the hell out of me.

Anyway, I might have solved my problem.. go into hosts file and add "127.0.0.1     toolbar.zynga.com" :) Will know shortly.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I though she had a limited user account ?
This surely shouldn't be using 'your firefox profile,' but the one for that account, so shouldn't impact on your firefox profile.

If you have multiple users with different browsing habits you shouldn't be using the default profile.

So why don't you set up a firefox profile for her, you may need to also create a new profile for you.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

yuppicide

Nope. No profiles. I run this like an office. Office doesn't let me install anything, so I don't let her. This way I am sure I get no viruses. I've had problems in the past and had to save data, reinstall Windows.. this is how I solved them. Avast, limited user, no problems for YEARS now. :)

Anyway, I don't even use that computer. I just don't ever want to have to fix it. I've got two side by side here. Built a dual core machine with 23" monitor she uses. I'm on a quad core with 27" monitor.

Have a 1 terabyte drive in the living room that plays movies and connects wirelessly. Everything virus scanned before it enters that too.