Author Topic: avast antivirus definition update behind firewall  (Read 6267 times)

ericlee.us

avast antivirus definition update behind firewall
« on: July 30, 2011, 02:49:20 AM »
Anyone knows how to force Avast to obtain updates from a group of fixed IP address only? I need to configure my firewall so that all Avast clients inside of firewall can get updates, and I can't use DNS look up such as *.avast.com or download0.avast.com in my firewall rules.

Thank you.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: avast antivirus definition update behind firewall
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 11:41:01 AM »
I don't think that's possible, sorry.

I'd suggest to use the managed clients (if you don't have them already), and setup a mirror inside of your network. The mirror itself would need a full access to the updating servers again, but the clients could be set up to update from the mirror only, i.e. locally.

ericlee.us

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:18:39 AM »
I am using "avast! Standard Suite PACK 10" 4.8 version that come with "adnm". Do you have documentation describing how to setup mirror, or such ability can be replaced by adnm?

Thank you.

wpn

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 01:52:56 PM »
Depending on how much clients you got you only need to setup 1 ADNM server.

Like Igor said the clients contact this ADNM (also known as AMS server) server and get their updates from it. This is the central management control center.

You only need to give the ADNM server full access to internet for its updates.

You can find in the admin guide how to set this up.

Depending on your wanted protection (sharepoint/exchange too?) you could also look into the new Small Business Console which uses the last new engine v6
Upgrading the license should be possible (for free) depending on what you had and want...