Author Topic: Event Error 4311 NetBT  (Read 7268 times)

oklajohn

Event Error 4311 NetBT
« on: July 26, 2011, 10:47:53 PM »
I started getting an Event Viewer error announcing an error Event ID 4311 for Source NetBT:
"Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created since installing Avast Internet Security.  This happens 2 or 3 times per day and searching the Internet leads me to believe it's related to Avast Firewall.  I am running Windows 7 x64.  In trying to solve this, I have disabled Windows Firewall, changed my internet wireless adapter settings, unchecking LM Hosts Lookup, and disabling Net Bios over TCPIP.  But, so far nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions?  Is there something I can change in Avast Firewall settings that will stop this?  I am at a dead end right now trying to figure out what is going on.  Any help will be appreciated, believe me!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 09:04:21 PM by oklajohn »

SHARKY7SHARKY

Re: Event Error 1431 NetBT
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 10:46:16 AM »

oklajohn

Re: Event Error 4311 NetBT
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 09:02:49 PM »
Sharky7Sharky - thanks for response, but none of the suggestions in the link provided work for me.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled avast! Pro/Suite, per avast support suggestio, with no success.  I have narrowed this down to a happening when pc resumes from sleep mode - not sure what that means tho.  I don't share files, etc. so all settings on wireless adapter, avast! firewall, etc have been to disable Netbios over TCPIP, blocking Windows Networking In and Out Packets, all with no success in eliminating Event Error 4311 NetBT from happening.

However, I found one thing that seems to stop the NetBT error and I feel this is my main problem.  I turned off "sleep mode" in Power Options, setting it to "never".  Since I did that, I haven't seen the error.  Some way, when my pc awakes from sleep mode, something (maybe avast!) is trying to make a connection and causes the error.  With sleep mode shut off, no such connection is attempted and no error in Event Viewer shows up.  Hope this might help others who might be having similar problems.   
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:55:38 PM by oklajohn »