Author Topic: odd occurance after boot scan  (Read 5595 times)

Offline catinahat

Re: odd occurance after boot scan
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »
I have had this exact same thing happen too, constantly_confused, though it wasn't after a bootscan. (Actually I have never done a bootscan). I downloaded Avast! about 5-6 weeks ago, and it has happened about 5 times in that time (including the string of fs in the maintenace > update window). The last time it happened was this morning after waking the computer up from sleep mode, though it's happened during periods of normal use too.

Like turmoyle2000 - each time this has happened I have manually update the VDF, and this has returned everything back to normal. Also, each time after manually updating after this error, Avast! has reported the the VDFs were already up-to-date.

This is the only glitch I've had with Avast! - it has run as smooth as silk for me otherwise.

constantly_confused

Re: odd occurance after boot scan
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 04:01:38 AM »
Thanks for the reply, catinahat.

Its good to hear I'm not alone in having this hiccup.

If its happened when waking up from sleep mode for you and during start up for me, I wonder if it has something to do with the kinda "in between/reconnect" state that the network connection goes through during wake up or start up.  Maybe the update gets mucked up when the program detects a network connection, but can't communicate with the server?

At any rate, at least its a pretty easy fix.  Its a very minor bug in a very good program. :)

Thanks again for the reply.