Author Topic: Avast showing it has blocked trojan on World of Webcams  (Read 2435 times)

fiesata

Avast showing it has blocked trojan on World of Webcams
« on: August 04, 2011, 10:47:21 PM »
Avast has been showing it has  blocked a trojan when loading 'World of Webcams' 
http://ww.com/index.htm)
for the past 24 hours - I have used this site for years with no problems

The website owner has issued this statement

04/Aug/2011 - Avast BUG. The Avast virus scanner contains a bug which causes it to falsely report ww.com as harboring a trojan. Please switch to a better virus scanner *or* mail Avast tech support about this, if enough people report this bogus warning with them they'll probably do something about it. stage1.php detects which plug-ins you've got installed to tailor the website to the display capabilities of your browser, that's perfectly OK and not a sign of a 'trojan' being installed on our server.

I'm not sure I want a 'better' Anti virus as I like Avast - the trojan reported is JS:Downloader-AUX am I safe to assume this is a false positive?

Thanks

Paul

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast showing it has blocked trojan on World of Webcams
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 11:12:40 PM »
I'm not sure I want a 'better' Anti virus as I like Avast - the trojan reported is JS:Downloader-AUX am I safe to assume this is a false positive?
js:Downloader-AUX [Trj] - http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=82597.0

have you updated to 110804-1  ? if not do a manuall update and try again

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 11:13:23 PM »
I can remember another JS:Downloader-AUX detection today, not on this site and that was an FP, so I don't know if that is the same. The other FP was meant to be corrected in virus definitions (VPS) version 110804-1.

Ensure that you have the latest VPS version and check again, I have just visited the link and no alert.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

fiesata

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 11:33:16 PM »
Updates to 110804-1 manually (last auto update today 3 hours ago) as advised and all OK now

Thanks for the very fast replies and for solving my problem  8)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 11:43:02 PM »
your welcome

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:06:01 AM by Pondus »