Author Topic: Sandbox firefox 5  (Read 2085 times)

Abstract40

Sandbox firefox 5
« on: August 04, 2011, 05:21:52 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm an avast pro user and I really love the sandbox feature.
Since a month now after updating firefox to version 5 I'm having problems with it.

I did upgrade firefox 5 when the sandbox was disabled. After the upgrade was done I
virtualized the process 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe'. This always
worked for version 4. After I enabled visualization for firefox and try to start firefox its starting version 4 and tries to update to version 5.

Its strange because I did already install version 5. After it tries to upgrade to version 5 it stops with the message it couldn't update firefox and it starts version 4 of firefox.

When I remove the visualization process for firefox and hit the same icon it does start firefox 5.

Does anyone has an idea what to do?

Gargamel360

Re: Sandbox firefox 5
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 05:35:36 PM »
Sounds like you need to flush the contents of the sandbox.  There is a button for this in its settings.  After you flush it, the Fx5 should run a virtualized copy fine.

Abstract40

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 05:53:22 PM »
Yes that solution worked perfectly! Didn't know that, thanks!

Gargamel360

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 05:56:46 PM »
Sure, glad to help. ;)

Same thing can happen to any extensions you use also, older versions hanging around in the sandbox still after updating, so it is good to remember.

Offline Cast

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 11:36:15 PM »
Had a similar problem with Chrome after it had updated though it wouldnt connect to any site. Worked fine after cleaning out the sandbox.