Author Topic: Avast Free antivirus prog version 6.0.1203 stopped working.  (Read 8418 times)

Raghavendra

I have been using this software for somtime , suddenly this prog has stopped working I tried to uninstall and reinstalled this prog but the result is the same. I get the following error messages when I try to use this. I have sent the errors as an attachment.
Please guide and help me how I can rectify and use this prog.
thanks

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Free antivirus prog version 6.0.1203 stopped working.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 08:11:23 PM »
Please stay on your initial topic..!!!
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=82402.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

bobo1

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 09:39:17 PM »
Use avast removal tool and run this in safe mode & re install avast free. More info required what op system are u using?
Unless you have had a malware attack would run malware bytes free to test your computer for spyware also
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 09:47:54 PM by bobo1 »

Raghavendra

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 04:07:19 AM »
Use avast removal tool and run this in safe mode & re install avast free. More info required what op system are u using?
Unless you have had a malware attack would run malware bytes free to test your computer for spyware also
Thanks for your guidance. I can not find removal tool in my Avast directory.I can only uninstall it.I don not know how to run and uninstall in safe mode.I use win 7 utimate 32 bit.
pl help me.

ady4um

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 05:52:12 AM »
I don not know how to run and uninstall in safe mode.I use win 7 utimate 32 bit.
pl help me.

Download the latest stable setup program for Avast again, from the Avast website only.

Download the Clean Uninstall Utility for Avast from http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility.

Reboot into Windows Safe Mode (F8 when booting) and run the Clean Uninstall Utility you just downloaded.

Once the uninstallation finished, reboot into Windows Normal Mode and run the setup for Avast. Please reboot when the setup finished.

After that, you certainly should scan your system with Avast.

Raghavendra

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 07:37:25 AM »
I don not know how to run and uninstall in safe mode.I use win 7 utimate 32 bit.
pl help me.

Download the latest stable setup program for Avast again, from the Avast website only.

Download the Clean Uninstall Utility for Avast from http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility.

Reboot into Windows Safe Mode (F8 when booting) and run the Clean Uninstall Utility you just downloaded.

Once the uninstallation finished, reboot into Windows Normal Mode and run the setup for Avast. Please reboot when the setup finished.

After that, you certainly should scan your system with Avast.

I did as guided by you. But there is no change in the position. It still stopped working. Please advise me how I can rectify this. It did scan after reboot and stopped
 again.Pl advise.
thanks

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 07:49:12 AM »
Have you removed previous av's before installing avast ?

Raghavendra

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 04:09:44 PM »

Yes.I ran win 7 in safe mode and unistalled the avast prom after reboot in the normal mode I again installed Avast and result  it has stopped working.The same error message is displayed.
thanks.

MAG

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 04:28:04 PM »

Yes.I ran win 7 in safe mode and unistalled the avast prom after reboot in the normal mode I again installed Avast and result  it has stopped working.The same error message is displayed.
thanks.
I think what craigb meant was what other av's have you had before avast, and how did you remove them?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 07:35:20 PM »

thanks.
I think what craigb meant was what other av's have you had before avast, and how did you remove them?
Thanks mag yes thats what i meant, i suppose i wasn't descriptive enough but at least someone understood me  ;)

Raghavendra

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 01:09:29 AM »

thanks.
Thanks mag yes thats what i meant, i suppose i wasn't descriptive enough but at least someone understood me  ;)

Please excuse my intruding in your valuable time. The position as regards  Avast remains the same. Please advise and guide me how I can make this antivirus to work.
thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 01:27:56 AM »
I would suggest you do a full clean reinstall including using the avast uninstall utility for the previous version of avast (5.x, etc.) as well as the current installation.

- Download the latest version of avast, 6.0.1203 http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_free.exe and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 5.x and 6.0.x).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 5.x, etc. if previously installed and then for 6.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security