Author Topic: server isn't appearing in adnm  (Read 10190 times)

tech9214

server isn't appearing in adnm
« on: August 11, 2011, 11:19:21 PM »
I'm probably missing something basic, but I'm having trouble adding servers to ADNM.  I created a AvastInstall package for my clients and have been deploying that without any problems.  I bought 10 server licences, but i'm not sure if I am supposed to create a deployment package or run the server install alone.  When I run the server install it never asks me if I want to talk to ADNM it never shows as green in ADNM.  Do I need to do something on these servers to link them to ADNM or am I deploying to these servers incorrectly?

Thanks

wpn

Re: server isn't appearing in adnm
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 09:15:39 AM »
you are supposed to create a separate server package for the server installion
and a separate deployment for the servers

You are probably not installing the managed client on your servers right now?

tech9214

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 05:22:14 PM »
ok, I guess I need to create another install package for the servers then.   
I had tried to install the client package on servers but it doesn't appear to install.

wpn

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 10:16:40 PM »
indeed it wont install since its not meant for Windows server OS, figured that the installation would tell you so either during setup or in the deploylog?
(the v6 clients don't know this separation anymore)

goodluck

ps: any specific reason your installing ADNM and not go for the new SBC product?

tech9214

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:24:09 PM »
I had set up the install as a silent install, so it just fails and closes.  Took me a bit to figure out that it wasn't installing.  I just created a server install msi and it works perfectly. This is my first time using Avast and I didn't even know that ADNM was already replaced with SBC.  I had just set up ADNM in May. I'll look into SBC.

wpn

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 12:55:09 AM »
ok

goodluck for now then :)