Author Topic: I wanna hear from Alwil - minor issue caused by SkinBuilder fixed  (Read 14948 times)

a61_a61

Re:I wanna hear from Alwil - avast! minor skin issue fixed
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004, 01:14:40 AM »
I thought I read some where in the forum that the new 4.5 also has a non skinned avast.  I don't have the beta version installed right now to look at it.  If that's ture what does it look like.

Since I'm kind of new here I've been spending a lot of time reading older post...can't remember all I read...to old of a brain. :)

a61

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004, 01:21:04 AM »
Here is the screenshot...

a61_a61

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 01:26:11 AM »
Thanks!  I like the looks of it...looks more like a program should look if you know what I mean.  The window look. :)

a61

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2004, 01:35:17 AM »
Well I guess you didn't see my "RejZor-Sharp" skin (see attachment)..

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2004, 01:35:55 AM »
And also, little bit older, but still looking professional... "LITE-ON"...

galooma

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2004, 04:02:18 AM »
Sasha , your work here is legendary and im sure you hear it from everyone but I see a great use for the skinless version as well.
As an exercise i sat my wife in front of a normal (default skin) and told her to scan the computer.
 after clicking a few buttons she got up and walked out.
The point im trying to make is that to someone unfamiliar who only uses a skin once or twice a year and has a low desire to learn and comprehend it all then it needs to be really simple,and the numbers down the side are a great help. Most of the time I do all the maintenance but just occasionally a situation arises and its nice to know she can manage it. ;D ;D ;D

a61_a61

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2004, 04:40:12 AM »
Sasha,  I do have those...I forgot about them :-[  But one reason I didn't use the Lite on was the text was to small.  I just opened mine and the text on the one I have is smaller, which makes it harder to read.  The one you show in your screen shot has larger text than mine does.  Did you change it?

a61

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2004, 12:02:14 PM »
No I didn't change anything regarding fonts. That's only how that skin looks like on my system or on any other system that has ADOBE TYPE MANAGER 4.1 installed + LUCIDAGRANDE (spot that it is only one word, there is also Lucida Grande font, but I'm not using that one). LucidaGrande font that I'm using contains two files: PFB and PFM extensions, not standard FON or TTF extensions. If someone doesn't have Adobe Type Manager installed, he/she can not see that font in Lite-On skin. avast! automatically substitutes that font with some other standard Windows font.

You can read about Adobe Type Manager in here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/atm/mainwin.html

That's why my font in Lite-On looks so smooth.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 12:03:56 PM by S.Z.C »

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2004, 02:42:05 PM »
Sasha I agree  with most of the guys, as soon as downloads available let me know  :)

neal62

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2004, 10:03:27 PM »
Sasha, Just a question. What do you know of Microsoft Office Power Point version 2003? It recognizes .ppt .pps and .pot. Is this anything useful to have on my pc other than Adobe Acrobat? :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2004, 10:15:12 PM »
Sasha, Just a question. What do you know of Microsoft Office Power Point version 2003? It recognizes .ppt .pps and .pot. Is this anything useful to have on my pc other than Adobe Acrobat? :D

Neal, Power Point is for presentations (in a data show with slides...).
Adobe Acrobat is for read (or make) pdf files, static ones, like a word+picture processor to make special papers, folders...

What are you looking for?
Oopss, we're becoming off-topic. Maybe it's better open a new thread...
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

Re:I wanna hear from Alwil - minor issue caused by SkinBuilder fixed
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2004, 11:54:40 AM »
I'm still patiently waiting... these fixed skins cries to be uploaded in avast! skins download section  ;D .
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 11:58:54 AM by S.Z.C »

a61_a61

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2004, 02:24:11 PM »
Sasha,  I know you can't redo all the great skins you made, but if you do make any more new skins would you take into consideration those users who don't have the special fonts you have on your PC?  I like the looks of your Lite on with the special font, but I really don't want to have to install another program just to have better looking text in avast.

a61

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2004, 02:30:53 PM »
That's not just to have better looking text in avast! It's for smoothing fonts when you print them out. If you wanna print something in text mode, you'd be surprised how smooth it can look...

Lite-On isn't my latest skin... all other skins I made after that one, I made them using "normal" Windows/MS fonts like ARIAL, ARIAL NARROW, TAHOMA, VERDANA, TIMES etc.

a61_a61

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2004, 02:37:13 PM »
OK, didn't know that. :)

You sure do have some talent in design!

a61