Author Topic: I wanna hear from Alwil - minor issue caused by SkinBuilder fixed  (Read 14947 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:I wanna hear from Alwil - minor issue caused by SkinBuilder fixed
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2004, 02:41:28 PM »
Thanks for comment... :-[

And best of all, I respect all those people that doesn't like skins, as well... People have right to choose, but I'm here just in case they want their best antivirus tool to look kinda different... avast! is unique in every way... avast! is the only antivirus with skins... at least, it's the first one in the world...

Cheers !

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2004, 10:52:29 PM »
OK, I finally found some time for this issue.

First, could you please explain once more what should be fixed in those skins? I mean, we always considered the thing that the cursor changes on the drag area as a feature (a welcome one I'd say - to make it quite clear that this is the place to use to move the window).

The fact that the context menu sometimes behaves as transparent for the mouse cursor is another thing... but that's IMHO unrelated to the skins, this would have to be fixed in code...

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2004, 10:56:45 PM »
Yeah that's exactly as you mentioned above... I don't see that issue as a bug, but if it can be fixed somehow, it would be great. I found a way on how to fix it from within the SkinBuilder. True, you won't see MOVE cursor anymore when you hover over draggable areas, but at least users won't be annoyed by those all of a sudden cursor ragings...

If you are interesetd I can send you all those skins, but please, first tell me what would be the best way to do that...

There is 32 files in total, and around 9.6 Mb in physycal size...

Cheers !

EDIT: sorry I just recalled something else... similar though... same thing, you called transparent context menus... sometimes you can also hear the sounds that those buttons produces if they are located under those context menus... I mean if you are hovering over the context menu, when buttons are below...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 11:02:08 PM by S.Z.C »