Author Topic: avast password  (Read 5723 times)

khaidil

avast password
« on: August 11, 2011, 05:34:04 AM »
avast AV need password,what is the password???

Gargamel360

Re: avast password
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 05:36:58 AM »
The only password Avast! needs is the password you give it, if you choose to password protect it in the main settings. 

khaidil

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 05:43:58 AM »
from the 1st time im using avast, i didnt put any password....why its happen??

Gargamel360

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 05:47:02 AM »
If you did not enter a password, then someone else did.  Are you the admin on this pc?  Do you let anyone else use it? 

Avast! can't just password protect itself out of nowhere.  Anyway, the only way around this is to re-install.

khaidil

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 05:51:45 AM »
Thanks for your information for this moment... ;)

brucer

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 02:25:18 AM »
Been using Avast for years. Even a week or so ago, Avast did not need a password. This morning it did. I most certainly did not set one, and I am the only one living here.  Running W7 Pro. Following the various posts, I booted in safe mode, went to my administrator account, and removed all avast stuff. I even ran awsclear. Then I rebooted. I had been running the purchased pro version, but brought in the free home version. It too wanted a password. Stumped, am I.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 02:45:05 AM »
Been using Avast for years. Even a week or so ago, Avast did not need a password. This morning it did. I most certainly did not set one, and I am the only one living here.  Running W7 Pro. Following the various posts, I booted in safe mode, went to my administrator account, and removed all avast stuff. I even ran awsclear. Then I rebooted. I had been running the purchased pro version, but brought in the free home version. It too wanted a password. Stumped, am I.
Strange... Isn't it asking for the license key or file?
Password? Is a legit avast installer? Where did you download it?
The best things in life are free.

daisybee

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 06:20:44 AM »
I am using the free version too. I did not set up a password that I can remember. If I did set one up, I do not remember ever doing so. I can now not use any  settings OR uninstall Avast with the control panel, because I do not have a password. Avast's so-called tech support that I called in India tried to sell me a $130 tech support service to help me remove viruses from my computer, but they had no solution for how to remove Avast from my computer or how to find my password. How on earth are you supposed to have a password on a program with no way to look it up if you do not remember what it is???

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 06:38:00 AM »
If you've set a password in avast and cant remember what it is then the only way to get rid of the password is to delet avast from safe mode with the avast uninstall tool and reinstall http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

daisybee

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 07:02:42 AM »
The problem is there is no way to delete it without a password using the control panel, and from what I am reading if you use the uninstall tool, you still have to go through that control panel method. I have tried to unintall it multiple times and it requires this password which I do not have.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 09:16:51 AM »
The problem is there is no way to delete it without a password using the control panel, and from what I am reading if you use the uninstall tool, you still have to go through that control panel method. I have tried to unintall it multiple times and it requires this password which I do not have.

You have to run the uninstaller in safe mode.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0