Author Topic: issues with avast renewing  (Read 3630 times)

Broberts

issues with avast renewing
« on: November 01, 2004, 07:54:02 AM »
i tried to search for windoew 98 se, and came up with nothing that was really helping me.  

i have 3 computers in my house, one win 98se, one window XP sp1, and Win 2000.  now the windows 2000 and XP have had absolutly no issues.  My windows 98 has had nothign but problems.  it was the first computer i installed avast on, and since thin i have consistantly goeent and error where it will not update the virus signature file, it keeps telling me that my licence key is expired or invalid.  i have updated the product key 3 times now.  i have tried an uninstall and reinstall several times and i have even tried installing it while my sygate firewall uninstalled.  does anyone have some idea as to how to fix this?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:issues with avast renewing
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 09:59:51 AM »
It sounds like the system date of the troublesome computer is not set correctly... can you check this? (especially the year, of course).

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 12:42:15 PM »
I guess this is a older system. If the date/time isn't correct (check as Igor has asked) and it has fallen back to the bios default settings, changes are the battery on the mobo is empty and need to be replaced.

Broberts

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 10:27:52 PM »
thanks guys i knew it was something, i was just tapped out of ideas.  once again thanks a bunch.  

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 10:39:53 PM »
Just one question. Is the problem solved?

Broberts

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 09:33:20 AM »
yeah, the moment you metioned, i felt kinda dumb.  yes it did solve the problem, my computer thought it was 2048AD. Thanks a bunch again.   kinda one of those dumb smack your head against the wall issues.    Avast is a great anti virus it found things my former anti virus did not.  i love the preboot scan!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 09:35:45 AM by Broberts »