Author Topic: Unable to install BPP Console with Remote SQL Server?  (Read 4917 times)

houdas

Unable to install BPP Console with Remote SQL Server?
« on: July 29, 2011, 03:21:04 PM »
Hi,
I have problem with installing of AVAST Business Protection Plus Administration Console.
Instalation Ends Prematurely as picture shows with no other detail information.

In C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Avast.Sbc.Service.InstallLog I found following information.

Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Avast.Sbc.Service.exe'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   logfile = C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Avast.Sbc.Service.InstallLog
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Avast.Sbc.Service.exe
Rolling back assembly 'C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Avast.Sbc.Service.exe'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   logfile = C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Avast.Sbc.Service.InstallLog
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Avast.Sbc.Service.exe
An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the Avast.Sbc.Service.SbcServiceInstaller installer.
System.ArgumentException: The savedState dictionary does not contain the expected values and might have been corrupted.
An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the installation. This exception will be ignored and the rollback will continue. However, the machine might not fully revert to its initial state after the rollback is complete.

Thanks for reply.

houdas

Re: Unable to install BPP Console with Remote SQL Server?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 03:27:56 PM »
When I try to install Avast BPP admin console with local Sql Express, everything is OK and installation is successfully finished.  :(

HCI

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 08:25:02 PM »
I have the same issue.  Has anyone found a resolution to this?  (Running a local copy of SQL is not an option in my organization.)

OsirisX

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 12:15:20 AM »
Having the same problem   :-[

wpn

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:03:36 PM by wpn »

HCI

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »
Good news ... SP1 has fixed the installer issue when using a remote SQL server.  Thanks for fixing it!

UPDATE:  It is not fixed!   :(

See this posting for addtional information:  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=82619.0
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:56:28 PM by HCI »