Author Topic: ZA free or Avast Sandbox-FF 6 plugins missing  (Read 5246 times)

gdiloren

ZA free or Avast Sandbox-FF 6 plugins missing
« on: August 14, 2011, 06:12:08 AM »
I've set ZA Free FW in learning mode by putting it to "LOW" in PROGRAM SETTINGS of the GUI. Then I empty the sandbox in Avast GUI settings. Without rebooting, I surf sandboxed in FF6. Half of my plugins (Shockwave, Adobe flash player) do not load. If I reboot, problem solved. Think it's a bug. Also, when sandboxed, I can't open an URL pdf file sandboxed in the integrated Adobe Acrobat browser extension, unlike in the unsandboxed browser :(

gdiloren

Re: ZA free or Avast Sandbox-FF 6 plugins missing
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 06:18:22 AM »
Weird. Strange. Just emptied the sandbox. Opened Sandboxed FF6. Everything OK. Closed. Clicked again. Too fast. Error message. Waited. Clicked and opened. The phenomenon happened. Now, I want to empty and reboot. We'll see. ;D
Note: Sandboxed Google running well ;)

gdiloren

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 06:30:07 AM »
After rebooting, problem solved. I can watch youtube sandboxed in FF6. Don't know if ZA FW has something to do with this Sandbox problem. I know I was auto-logging me myself on Microsoft Live Messenger at start-up, now it is no more true, it's like it is being blocked from loggiing in. Already switched ZA to learning mode, it worked once, now it doesn't. May be I'll switch FW. :(

gdiloren

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 03:00:35 AM »
Yes, ZA free FW is in fact interfering with the AVAST PRO Sandbox and also with my HP Health Check program. I had a couple of BSOD blue screen with the latest. After complete removal, everything is fine:back to business. So I would say avoid ZA. :)
NOTE: No way, I just reproduced the bug. Half my plugins are missing in my Sandboxed FF. I have uninstalled ZA in Safe mode and installed PFW ::)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:12:02 AM by gdiloren »

Gargamel360

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 03:13:50 AM »
Is this your 64bit pc?

gdiloren

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 04:17:09 AM »
Is this your 64bit pc?
Yes, and it's Win 7 SP1 8)

Gargamel360

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 04:43:38 AM »
Ah, the more things change, the more they stay the same.   

For the year I had AIS, (expired in March, I think) the sandbox always caused this mine and others 64 bit systems.  Assorted Fx plugins would just fail to load sometimes when running the browser virtualized.   It was a real touch-and-go problem.  When it was working well, everything would go without a hitch.  But sometimes I would have to re-launch the browser 8-10 times to get the Flash and others running, sometimes re-launching it only once would do the trick.  It was extremely intermittent.  But if I remember right, excluding the plugins from being sandboxed in the sandbox settings was the work around then, might still work.

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 07:39:24 AM »
Ah, the more things change, the more they stay the same.   

For the year I had AIS, (expired in March, I think) the sandbox always caused this mine and others 64 bit systems.  Assorted Fx plugins would just fail to load sometimes when running the browser virtualized.   It was a real touch-and-go problem.  When it was working well, everything would go without a hitch.  But sometimes I would have to re-launch the browser 8-10 times to get the Flash and others running, sometimes re-launching it only once would do the trick.  It was extremely intermittent.  But if I remember right, excluding the plugins from being sandboxed in the sandbox settings was the work around then, might still work.

Why does everyone want to blame ZA for their problems? ::)  It's quite obvious that ZA isn't at fault here.

I've set ZA Free FW in learning mode by putting it to "LOW" in PROGRAM SETTINGS of the GUI.

If you use ZA's auto config tool at set up, you don't need to put Program Control in learning mode.

gdiloren

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 05:14:29 PM »
  But if I remember right, excluding the plugins from being sandboxed in the sandbox settings was the work around then, might still work.
What's the folder they are located in? Do you remember?
Thanks! ;)

Gargamel360

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 05:41:52 PM »
No, what I mean is the Sandbox itself has the option to do this in its expert settings.  Its just a little checkbox, provided nothing has changed since I had AIS, there was no need to enter a it as you would to exclude a program from being scanned.

gdiloren

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
Alright. Thanks!!! ;)
It did work ;)

Gargamel360

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 07:24:49 PM »
NP, glad to help  ;)

gdiloren

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 06:36:19 PM »
Hmm...!!! There is a bug AILWIL.  :o Work on it! It happenned again. Intermittently. Doesn't matter the settings. It's an AVAST Sandbox problem (or virtualizzation, if you want). Hope this would be solved in the next beta version! ;D Let's add the AVG linkscanner toolbar (have no space to add in my profile) was not loaded as well as the usual plugins missing (Adobe Flash player, Shockwave, itunes plugins, acrobat plugin, etc...). And I'm running Private FW now. Just had to close the browser then re-open FF and it was OK. So:intermittent.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:50:54 PM by gdiloren »

Gargamel360

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 07:02:18 PM »
Are you still running a sandbox in a sandbox?

gdiloren

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 07:07:30 PM »
No. I completely removed Sandboxie from this PC and I rely only on Avast Pro Sandbox. Note I had Sandboxie working fine with Comodo Sandbox before I uninstalled the Comodo Suite because it is stronger than Windows Update. Now I wonder "how trustable" is really the Sandbox feature in Avast Pro although I always surf safely and don't think I'll ever need that! ;)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:09:14 PM by gdiloren »