Author Topic: Console Password reset utility and PDF documentation not in a standard format?!  (Read 4002 times)

preglerjr

Seems that there is not a password reset utility for the console and my end user has locked us out of the console now.

Is there such a tool?  If so where is it??

Also, I am a MAC user and when I pull the PDF Documentation from 'files.avast.com' I get the attached screen when I look at the PDF.

Seems like there are problems not only with the software but the documentation also.

AVAST!!  You might want to produce your PDF in a standard format.  Not sure what the deal is with that.

wpn

pdf is kinda standard, did you try the document in another viewer or even other OS?

the password is hashed in the database i believe, possibly you could try to put a cleartext in the field for the password at the user you need.... it worked in the old ADNM environment possibly here too

ofcourse this would mean that you need write access in the database itself (either your windows account or the sa account needs to have that right)

preglerjr

The PDF does work in windows, PDF is a standard format across all OS's.  It should be built in that standard format.

Also the text is not searchable when I view it in windows, this indicates to me they produced the PDF in an image format instead of searchable text.

On the Password reset, I should not have to mount the DB and place a clear text password.  seems like there was a password reset utility in ADNM.

Still need easy of use so we can get on to real work!

Thanks for the reply.

wpn

Still need easy of use so we can get on to real work!

there has never been a password reset in ADNM. In ADNM the way i mention it, was the way to reset the password.
After login with the new plaintext password, it gets hashed or at least encrypted somehow and written back in the database.

ofcourse logging into the database itself is not the good way to reset, but as far as i know at this moment, there is no other way and i also do not know if in this version this trick works...