Author Topic: Why keep asking for "Minidumps" when we never see the solution here??  (Read 9795 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Why keep asking for "Minidumps" when we never see the solution here??
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »
Why keep asking for "Minidumps" when we never see the solution here??
I agree (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=84689).
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 08:18:18 PM »
One thing for sure, if you don't send them, then you have ZERO chance of anything being done.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 08:24:54 PM »
One thing for sure, if you don't send them, then you have ZERO chance of anything being done.
If you send and they do nothing you have ZERO chance to give you any self respect.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 08:39:08 PM »
Sorry, that isn't correct (that may be how you feel), but by sending the dumps you have the possibility of them being analysed and getting a repose (which you did), whilst it is still outstanding there is still the possibility for further action.

You would have had ZERO response at all if you didn't upload the dump files..
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 01:23:18 AM »
aglennon, ady4um, alfun, OP's crash in HPT366.sys driver was firstly reported in avast in July 2011; I forwarded to our co-worker and I thought it was already fixed somehow; unfortunately, we don't have such hw device to reproduce this bug so we fixed it in today's virus database update. I'm really sorry for the delay - I didn't know, it wasn't fixed yet.

DavidR, you're absolutely right :), you can send me minidumps to my email (with link to a particular forum post) or upload kerneldump to our ftp and send me email

Tech, your dump was assigned to lukor, who is responsible for network drivers and who should take care of you, please send him email to get analysis of your dumps, thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 01:41:54 AM »
<snip>
DavidR, you're absolutely right :), you can send me minidumps to my email (with link to a particular forum post) or upload kerneldump to our ftp and send me email
<snip>

I certainly know the value of taking the time to get dumps to avast. I still remember the first issue I had (several years ago) a conflict between avast and outpost firewall (freeze, not BSOD). I had to manually cause the dump to produce the files and that was only the start of it; being on dial-up there was no way I could upload the kernel dump, so I burned it to CD and snail mailed it to Vlk.

Now I have fast broadband (almost a year, time flies) and I uploaded a kernel dump that resulted in a patch being created pending the next program update. The fact that this was done helped not just me but many other XP users. So the minor inconvenience for me was well worth it.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 03:10:56 AM »
Tech, your dump was assigned to lukor, who is responsible for network drivers and who should take care of you, please send him email to get analysis of your dumps, thanks.
Thanks.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 09:54:41 AM »
Hi Tech, yesterday I have responded to your other thread regarding your dumps.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=84689.msg694243#msg694243

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 02:38:55 PM »
Many thanks. I've answering you there and waiting for your further help.