Author Topic: Backup Software Unable to backup  (Read 6901 times)

REDACTED

Backup Software Unable to backup
« on: November 02, 2004, 05:58:31 PM »
Server running 2003 server with Exchange 2003, using CA Brightstire 11.0 to backup exchange.
Installed build 4.1.154 on server to protect server. Ever since, daily backup are unable to backup completly with messages "unable to read from database". On CA forum these messages suggest  the AV software is the culprit with a few options 1. LAtest patch for AV software 2. Get AV to exclude some core backup executable 3. exclude names pipes from rela time
I would appreciate if you could provide me with any ideas on how to provide a comnclusive backup other than removing the AV software from the server ?
Thanks

kwg

Re: Backup Software Unable to backup
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 09:17:54 PM »
A few days ago, I installed avast! Small Business Server (Premium) Edition on a client's server. All went well during installation, but now my client reports that their server backups are no longer working. They use the backup service native to Windows 2003.

Is there anything I need to do at the server to make avast! cooperate with backups?

Ken

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 10:49:04 PM »
So, does the backup software produce any error messages?
Is it just a file system backup, or Exchange store backup / SQL backup etc?

thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

kwg

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 10:22:19 AM »
Vlk,

It turns out that the backup problem had nothing to do with Avast! Instead, it was caused by SQL Server, a problem that I have now resolved.

By the way, I'm now one week into my trial of Avast! and I am very favorably impressed. It's so nice to have a comprehensive anti-virus package for Small Business Server that works so well right out of the box.

Thanks for your help and for the excellent software!

Ken

geekwlover

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 11:10:58 AM »
I highly recommend you easeus todo backup. it has many comprehensive functions such as:
 One-click to ghost whole system state
 backup to tape
 backup the Exchange/SQL serve
it is safe and easy to use.
http://www.todo-backup.com/business/advanced-server-backup.htm

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »
Did you watch the date...??? ;D
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

wpn

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 12:14:03 AM »
lol