Author Topic: Big problem trying to deploy to clients  (Read 4224 times)

robfwb

Big problem trying to deploy to clients
« on: August 17, 2011, 12:45:22 PM »
Hi, i have downloaded and installed the new business protection admin console. All went ok. Now trying to deploy remotely to clients. it will not work on any accept 1 pc which is a vista laptop, all others are windows 7. There is this error in the avast log

8/17/11 11:37:24:   rinstInitLibrary 19
08/17/11 11:37:24:   rinstInstall begin
08/17/11 11:37:24:   Init 1 10 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Mirror\Packages\admin.ini C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Mirror\Packages\setup.exe NULL NULL 0 8
08/17/11 11:37:24:   DeleteFile C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Mirror\Packages\admin.ini error 5 (Access is denied.

)
08/17/11 11:37:24:   Starting "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Mirror\Packages\setup.exe" /verysilent /managed /reboot "no" /edition "8" /netcl_addr "dozer.fwb.co.uk" /netcl_port "25322" /admin "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Mirror\Packages\admin.ini" /sfxstorage "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Mirror\Packages"
08/17/11 11:37:24:   CreateProcess C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Mirror\Packages\setup.exe error 5 (Access is denied.

)
08/17/11 11:37:24:   TerminateAll
08/17/11 11:37:24:   rinstInstall end 5

i dont understand why there is access denied error? im logged onto the server as the administrator? if i try to browse to the packages folder to open it, i get access denied. What is going on? and why did it install ok onto 1 vista laptop but nobody else?

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Big problem trying to deploy to clients
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 02:07:37 PM »
Check the access rights of the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console" folder. The installer adds full access for the account used by the AAC service (it is NETWORK SERVICE by default).

robfwb

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 03:02:57 PM »
Check the access rights of the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console" folder. The installer adds full access for the account used by the AAC service (it is NETWORK SERVICE by default).

sorry not sure iv understood that. Why would the "packages" folder not let me have access but all parent folders do?

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 03:28:04 PM »
And what rights are assigned to the Packages folder ?

robfwb

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 03:39:48 PM »
i dont know, if i right click the packages folder and choose properties, there is no security tab available? but as i speak, the whoel folder has now vanished!!  :-[