Author Topic: Still buggy Avast Pro Virtualizzation problem  (Read 2943 times)

gdiloren

Still buggy Avast Pro Virtualizzation problem
« on: August 19, 2011, 06:22:45 PM »
Using the 6.0.1293 version, I am meaning both the Sandbox and SafeZone feature. Problems are intermittent, not so frequent. Still, they are there.
-Sandbox: Sometimes with FF 5.01 all the plugins and toolbars are not loaded. Actually, at least the adobe plugins (all of them), the java one, and the AVG link scanner toolbar are concerned.
-SafeZone: It happened once. Upon opening it, the Google chrome browser would not open and instead the whole computer would freeze there. Only way out would be to force shut down and restart normally Windows.
 :)

gdiloren

Re: Still buggy Avast Pro Virtualizzation problem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 10:56:20 PM »
Strange, I have no reply. Do I have a bad installation? Am I the only one to be dissatisfied with the Virtual feature. It happened again in Firefox today, I was answering a poll for Petro-Canada, the screen inside the sandbox went black and the mouse freezed. Had to close the session and...lost my points! :o

DBone

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 03:41:37 AM »
No problems here at all, I use Chrome however. First thing I would do if I were you is disable that AVG toolbar. Since you're hitting the web virtualized, there is no need for dead weight hanging onto your browser.

Also, have you tried a repair yet?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 03:52:13 AM by DBone »

gdiloren

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 04:41:53 AM »
No problems here at all, I use Chrome however. First thing I would do if I were you is disable that AVG toolbar. Since you're hitting the web virtualized, there is no need for dead weight hanging onto your browser.

Also, have you tried a repair yet?
I don't think the AVG bar is much of a weigth. Anyhow, it is incompatible with FF6. They also have problems catching up with the firefox race. I might as well uninstall it. Yes I tried a repair of my Avast Pro installation. I even did a clean uninstall and reinstall. Can't see anything else than some leftovers from other security softwares interfering (like the beta version driver of sandboxie not being completely uninstalled ???) since I am the only one to report the issue with FF. Can't speak for Google, I don't use it often, I don't like the fact it doesn't delete trace automatically.

gdiloren

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 06:43:20 AM »
I'm deceived. I went back to Sandboxie, good old sandboxie, and will not use the Avast Pro Sandbox anymore. I just don't trust it enough!!!