Author Topic: BP standard vs Plus on Server- Maybe a dumb question?  (Read 3539 times)

Offline 1tb

BP standard vs Plus on Server- Maybe a dumb question?
« on: August 18, 2011, 03:55:17 AM »
I read today that BP Plus is only supported on the workstations- not servers. This of course makes perfect sense, but...

This might be a dumb question:
I installed BP console and chose BP Plus as I want Plus protection on the workstations. However, when I deploy to our servers, I still see Avast Business Protection Plus being installed on them.

1. Is this normal? 2. Is there a way to have 10 workstations with BP Plus and 10 workstations with BP Standard? 3. If so, how is this done from the new Console?

MarKvi

Re: BP standard vs Plus on Server- Maybe a dumb question?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 01:21:25 PM »

- BP/BPP products can be both installed on the server OS and workstation OS. The same applies to avast! business console and managed clients.

- Only one license can be used at a time. So if the BP license is used/uploaded on the console, every managed product will be BP. If the uploaded license is BPP everything will be BPP.

In case you need to have two separated products BP/BPP for whatever reason, you have the following options:
- Upload BPP license and disable/enable required shields for a specific group of computers

- two separated installations of avast! business console. One with BP license second one with BPP license
- one part, for example BPP can be managed and the second part BP clients can be installed as unmanaged