Author Topic: Are we expecting a program update soon?  (Read 4498 times)

rambo1940

Are we expecting a program update soon?
« on: August 18, 2011, 08:21:30 AM »
It seems ages since we had an update so i was just wondering if there was one in the pipeline.
Regards

Sparxx

Re: Are we expecting a program update soon?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »
Hi, there is always an upadate on the pipeline, you and we all just need to have patience, it will be released  when devs. will think it is ready.

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 01:01:03 PM »
Anything wrong, that you need an update? ???
Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 01:28:11 PM »
Because FF6 is not compatible with latest Avast?
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 01:38:38 PM »
On contrary. avast WebRep seems to be not compatible with the latest Firefox 6.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 02:07:38 PM »

Wrong, it is the webrep (not avast) which doesn't work with firefox 6.0, but that in all honesty is no big deal as the webrep isn't a security based feature.

- The fact that you don't see the WebRep or it doesn't work with the current firefox version, doesn't lessen the avast protection. You still have the Network Shield blocking known malicious sites and the Web Shield pre-scanning http content before it is displayed/run in your browser.

The WebRep is purely reputation based on avast user input. Later when the avast! virus labs start inputting information of detected malware, etc. into the webrep database, then it will be more of a security feature than just a reputational tool.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Tgell

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 02:48:39 PM »
I got WebRep to work with firefox 6 by adding the compatibility add-on. Tested fine.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/

Edit: MR Tech Toolkit add-on can also force compatibility.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:51:44 PM by Tgell »

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 02:55:38 PM »

Wrong, it is the webrep (not avast) which doesn't work with firefox 6.0, but that in all honesty is no big deal as the webrep isn't a security based feature.

- The fact that you don't see the WebRep or it doesn't work with the current firefox version, doesn't lessen the avast protection. You still have the Network Shield blocking known malicious sites and the Web Shield pre-scanning http content before it is displayed/run in your browser.

The WebRep is purely reputation based on avast user input. Later when the avast! virus labs start inputting information of detected malware, etc. into the webrep database, then it will be more of a security feature than just a reputational tool.

Well poeple here is very super minded.

What do you think David im referring to my post?

Well very obvious its the webrep.
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 02:59:52 PM »
I got WebRep to work with firefox 6 by adding the compatibility add-on. Tested fine.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/

Edit: MR Tech Toolkit add-on can also force compatibility.

We all know that there are ways to force compatibility and honestly it is a futile exercise, when you think what the webrep is currently, just a reputation tool and in due course will be updated to work. It not only blocks out compatibility on the webrep but all other add-ons. This and the nightly testing tools are really meant to be used by those actually using the nightly builds etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 03:09:51 PM »

<snip>

Well poeple here is very super minded.
What do you think David im referring to my post?
Well very obvious its the webrep.

It isn't people being 'super minded' as you put it, it is because when others read this they could take it as fact and rumours could spread that avast isn't compatible with firefox 6; we have seen similar posts/statements taken as fact and the rumours mill gets to work very fast.

So we try to ensure the statement is correct to avoid confusion.

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 05:07:29 PM »
On contrary. avast WebRep seems to be not compatible with the latest Firefox 6.
In german avast!-forum you can find this way to use WebRep with FF6 (edit the install.rdf (with notepad) as you see in that post after you have deactivated the self protection from avast!):

http://forum.avadas.de/threads/3411-Mozilla-Firefox-6.0-Release?p=31480&viewfull=1#post31480

After editing the install.rdf, activate the self protection of avast! again.

Start FF6. Ready! ;)
Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |