Author Topic: Opera  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Spoudason

Opera
« on: August 29, 2011, 04:20:55 PM »
I use Opera for e-mail and related Internet searches. When AIS is turned, on the Opera browser is very slow to load in. It takes up to 5 min. to load in. When I turn AIS off, it loads in almost instantly--about the same as Firefox. Do I have a wrong setting or is this just the way Opera and AIS work together? Thank you for any help.

Gargamel360

Re: Opera
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 04:29:38 PM »
To troubleshoot, try disabling just the Web Shield, rather than all AIS.  Problems related to the Web Shield and/or software that interacts with it are usually the source of interminably slow browser speed like this.

Offline Spoudason

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 05:13:45 PM »
This has fixed it. Is there any setting within Web Shield which will provide protection without the delay problem? Thanks again.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 05:58:45 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Spoudason

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 07:50:34 PM »
No. It does not work. I tried three websites. The fastest was 31 seconds and the slowest was 2:30. This is with the Web Shield on. Sorry.

Gargamel360

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 08:13:58 PM »
The delay is not standard by any means.  You should be able to browse with it on with no noticeable impact.  Anyway, probably best you do a clean-reinstall.

How2?
1: Download a new AIS setup file and this>>http://www.avast.com/en-us/uninstall-utility
2: Uninstall Avast! normally through control panel, then run the uninstall utility in safe mode. Reboot.
3: Run the setup file you downloaded, reboot afterwards (you should be sick of rebooting at this point), insert your key.

Offline Spoudason

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 09:32:43 PM »
I did everything recommended. It did not work. It even took 46 sec. for this Post Reply page to load in properly. Thanks for the suggestion.

Gargamel360

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 11:46:28 PM »
Do you have any other security software installed?  Or any you recently removed?

Offline Spoudason

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 12:14:31 AM »
Thank you for your help. It is not important enough for me to start messing up a well-working computer with further suggestions (install a beta edition [which I do not like to do]/clean uninstall/reinstall the beta/reset my avast! settings and now even more). I thought that maybe there was some avast! setting which I needed to make in order for it to make it work with Opera. I don't remember having this problem with version 5 free edition. I wish AIS worked better with Opera but it doesn't. That is what I needed to find out. I really like using avast! and would rather switch off the Web Shield (which did work) or use Thunderbird than to experiment further with the settings on my computer. Again I appreciate your help and suggestions.

Offline Spoudason

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 05:50:20 PM »
I am using Opera e-mail. I have run into an interesting problem. I have marked "Insert note into clean message (outgoing)". Nothing happens in my outgoing e-mail. I also have it marked for incoming e-mail and nothing happens. It works with Thunderbird, but not with Opera. I know there are several features of avast! which do not work well with Opera. Am I missing something? Thank you.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »
Spoudason you might want to hide your email from public view unless you want your email address harvested by the spammers.