Author Topic: aswTdi.sys Blue Screen Crash  (Read 2240 times)

WillDraven

aswTdi.sys Blue Screen Crash
« on: August 18, 2011, 08:47:02 PM »
I am having BSODs occurring. The Blue Screen says the error was probably caused by aswTdi.sys. I am currently uploading the minidumps for these errors as well as the full MEMORY.DMP for the last error to ftp.avast.com/incoming as the file: WillDraven_2011_08_18_aswTdi.sys_BSOD.zip. The upload should be completed in 20-30 minutes (Time Warner Cable upload speeds, I sure am glad I'm switching to DSL from CenturyLink on Monday ;-).

Here is a quick overview of my system, a much more detailed audit is included in the zip file.

avast! Free Antivirus
Program version:      6.0.1203
Virus definitions version:   110818-0

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1

Laptop:         Toshiba Satellite A305D-S6848
Processor:      AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00GHz
Installed memory:   3.00 GB (2.87 GB usable)
System type:      64-bit Operating System

Default Browser:   Google Chrome - Version: 13.0.782.112

(Hmm, this was all lined up nice and neat, but the forum seems to be eating my tabs)

I have seen other similar errors in the forums, and don't really expect a fix immediately. I just figured the more info you guys have on this error the more likely you are to be able to fix it in a future release. For now I have simply disabled Network Shield to prevent further BSODs.

ady4um

Re: aswTdi.sys Blue Screen Crash
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 11:00:12 PM »
You may use BlueScreenView from http://nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html to investigate further.

Use the "Search" function at the top area of the forum pages, and search for "aswTdi" (without quotation marks) and "match any words". Avoid using the ".sys" part of the filename. You might want to limit the search to, say, 90 days, to make it relevant to the current Avast version only.