Author Topic: Download managers/torrent clients automatic scanning  (Read 4408 times)

dougfunny64

Download managers/torrent clients automatic scanning
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:10:33 PM »
Hello to you all.

First,I would like to thank the avast team for developing such a great antivirus without any charge for its users.

My question is: how can I set avast to autoscan  downloaded files in applications like download managers,such as Orbit downloader?I mean, on the antivirus tab  there are 3 fields:

1st- antivirus executable path(I don't know whether it's AvastUI.exe or ashQuick.exe or neither of them);

2nd-it asks for some parameters, I don't know what to fill in with;

3nd-it displays some file extensions to be scanned,like .exe, .com, .bat and compressed formats.

Which .exe shall I select and what is "parameters" field good for?

Before I forget, all modules are turned on and on maximum sensibility.

BTW,Sorry for English.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Download managers/torrent clients automatic scanning
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:14:37 PM »
It requires the full path to C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashQuick.exe.

Avast in itself doesn't require a parameter, so it would depend in Orbit downloader needs one.

Personally I wouldn't restrict what files that Orbit would call ashQuick.exe to scan, scam them all.

As far as P2P clients go if you have the P2P shield enabled and whichever P2P application you are using is checked in the P2P, Expert settings, then you shouldn't need to have ashQuick.exe scan it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ady4um

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:51:29 PM »
JFYI, FreeDownloadManager (.org) already includes Avast as one of the available options for AV scanning, and you can add (customize) any other scanner too.

dougfunny64

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 07:08:36 AM »
Thanks for the help,people.I selected ashQuick.exe and now it scans files right after finishing download.But I also think that having the P2P module toggled on is enough to protect my PC,because sometimes it stops the download if the file is infected before its completion.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 02:27:01 PM »
You're welcome.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security