Author Topic: Suddenly Setup wants access every time I connect  (Read 2808 times)

Karl Engel

Suddenly Setup wants access every time I connect
« on: November 03, 2004, 01:02:21 AM »
Since my last program update, every time I connect to the internet my firewall tells me that Avast Setup is trying to access the 'net. When I downloaded the program update I didn't restart my computer immediately as I had more work to do online (dial up), so I expected Setup to complete next time I rebooted... but not every subsequent time!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Suddenly Setup wants access every time I connect
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 01:06:25 AM »
avast.setup will try to connect every time you connect to the internet (when using dial-up), it is checking if there are any VPS or Program updates.

It is part of the auto update function of avast and needs to be allowed by your firewall.

If you remain on the internet for long enough it will check if you are still connected every four hours, and or every time you connect.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 01:07:04 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Suddenly Setup wants access every time I connect
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 01:15:39 AM »
I didn't restart my computer immediately as I had more work to do online (dial up), so I expected Setup to complete next time I rebooted... but not every subsequent time!

Did you ask for more than one update, I mean, manually?
If not, you stay more than 4 hours connected... and receive a second update.
Anyway, if you do not want automatic updates, more than blocking it into the firewall, set up these options into avast settings  ;)
The best things in life are free.