Author Topic: Avast 6.0.1203 Street Fighter 4 Stuck in Sandbox  (Read 4901 times)

Indiglo5997

Avast 6.0.1203 Street Fighter 4 Stuck in Sandbox
« on: August 21, 2011, 07:21:33 PM »
I have multiple gaming computers and my main unit i use has Street Fighter 4 stuck in the Avast Sandbox. I have it working fine on my other computer as when i was asked if i wanted to run it in sandbox i said no and not to ask again. On my main pc i was doing something else and so when the sandbox window popped up i accidentally hit run in it sandbox.

Now normally this shouldn't be an issue but i can't for the life of me get it out of the sandbox, i have entered every file path to do with Street Fighter 4 and Steam (the program it comes from) into the exclusions and still when i launch the game it opens in the sandbox i also uninstalled and reinstalled the game with no success.

After reading around the forums i found the sandbox test tool and i downloaded it and ran it and Avast never asked me to run the program in the sandbox which i believe means my sandbox is not functioning correctly.

Any Advice or help would be greatly appreciated 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 6.0.1203 Street Fighter 4 Stuck in Sandbox
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »
I take it you are talking about avast free and the autosandbox ?

If so it isn't locked in the sandbox, all you need to do is run the file to start the game again and watch out for the pop-up again. Then select run normally and remember your answer.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Indiglo5997

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:44:14 AM »
I take it you are talking about avast free and the autosandbox ?

If so it isn't locked in the sandbox, all you need to do is run the file to start the game again and watch out for the pop-up again. Then select run normally and remember your answer.

No i am running the Avast Pro Edition

As for your comment i agree that's why i think my sandbox is messed up as it doesn't ask me if i want to run it in sandbox or not when i open it, the program opens automatically in sandbox as identified by the red boarder around the window of the game.

The funny thing is even when the pop up first popped up when i first opened the program and i accidentally hit run it in the sandbox i never check any box to make it auto sand boxed which furthers my suspicions of there is possibly another underlying issue with Avast itself

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 01:41:36 AM »
You should be able to open the sandbox and clear the application that is in it.

I believe you can also right click on the applications file and change the option to always run sandboxed. That is of course if you have the  "Integrate into the right-click context menu..." on the Parameters screen, you can add the virtualization option to the context menu.

Check out the Help Center for general info on the Sandbox, see image.

@@@@
You could also try a repair of avast:
XP - Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

Vista, win7 - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Indiglo5997

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 02:23:39 AM »
You should be able to open the sandbox and clear the application that is in it.

I believe you can also right click on the applications file and change the option to always run sandboxed. That is of course if you have the  "Integrate into the right-click context menu..." on the Parameters screen, you can add the virtualization option to the context menu.

Check out the Help Center for general info on the Sandbox, see image.

@@@@
You could also try a repair of avast:
XP - Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

Vista, win7 - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair.

I have run the repair to unfortunate results of nothing changing, i had all the parameters set to how the support log advises and still it doesn't give me the option to get into the sandbox menu for the specific program or in general.

This is starting to drive me up the wall >:(

I love Avast and after using it for years haven't had a moments trouble until now and i am stuck and don't have a clue where to go from here

Thanks for the help thus far Dave

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 02:38:18 AM »
Have you been able to check your Sandbox, Expert settings, as in the image/help center ?

If you can activate the right click menu, then perhaps reverse the run that application in the sandbox.