Author Topic: Avast free - even worse than AVG  (Read 11438 times)

Offline sooners2win

Re: Avast free - even worse than AVG
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 02:18:15 AM »
True, but I hate MSE also....my opinion is Avira and MSE suck big time, Avast and AVG are without a doubt the best free AV.
a6750f, amd phenom 9650quad core processor 2.30Ghz, Ram 8GB, Microsoft Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2,Avast7 Free,Comodo Firewall, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Ccleaner, FF3.6.14,Google Chrome.

JeffChao284

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 02:47:34 AM »
True, but I hate MSE also....my opinion is Avira and MSE suck big time, Avast and AVG are without a doubt the best free AV.
Well the version that causes MMC to terminate the AvastSvc process, you need to update the VPS manually in order to to allow it to fix it and stuff, I know that is what happened with mine and is not updating and allowing the anti-virus scanning, but will not run the other things on it until there is word that "Full Fix" has been noted, Windows 2000 and some XP users are having this issue.

Jack 1000

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 03:32:50 AM »

I like Avast as #1 for AV, and probably MSE as the #2 for the runner up.  Sooners, what problems did you have with MSE when you had it?  Avast is still the best.  But some people went with MSE so they didn't have to do the annual license key renewal, which is required for Avast.  That's the ONLY advantage that MSE has over Avast.  Avast has better protection and updates as much as 3 times a day on a 12 hour cycle.  MSE only updates once a day.  MSE full scan takes forever on my old XP machine.

All the other AV softwares are just too bloated and only update once a day.  I heard that Panda has something called Virtual Cloud which is supposedly good and light and resources.  I hate Avira!  Too many false positives!  AVG was good until version 8 onward.  Than it became too bloated, and that is why I switched to Avast.  Avast has most up-to-date protection.

I use Avast Free
Malware Bytes On Demand
Web of Trust (WOT)

Jack

Offline sooners2win

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 04:41:03 AM »

nm
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:51:13 AM by sooners2win »
a6750f, amd phenom 9650quad core processor 2.30Ghz, Ram 8GB, Microsoft Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2,Avast7 Free,Comodo Firewall, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Ccleaner, FF3.6.14,Google Chrome.