Author Topic: ..:: my avast! forums avatar gallery ::..  (Read 196738 times)

drhayden1

Re: ..:: my avast! forums avatar gallery ::..
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2006, 08:14:17 PM »
hi bob....thanks bob :D

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2006, 08:47:13 PM »

Hi bob
 Yes i can use this one (if Sasha dont make a new one for me ) thanks bob :)

I will need few hours to get it done because there is no way I can start working on it right now (have some other chores around the house, my wife will kill me)... when I'm done I'll post it here... at least I'll try :)

Cheers!
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

SNOWHITE

« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2006, 09:07:40 PM »

Hi bob
 Yes i can use this one (if Sasha dont make a new one for me ) thanks bob :)

I will need few hours to get it done because there is no way I can start working on it right now (have some other chores around the house, my wife will kill me)... when I'm done I'll post it here... at least I'll try :)

Cheers!
Okay Sasha, do your home work first we dont want your wife to kill you  :P  who will make avatars for us  ;D

Cheers

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #228 on: September 19, 2006, 09:17:44 PM »
Sasha is great as always.  ;D Just one question for you: how do you make the colours so true in your created gif's. As my last work, althougt made by myself, but... I like the idea, but it doesn't looks clear and shiny...  :'( Maybe you can help, or give an advise?  ;)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2006, 09:54:01 PM »
@Snowhite - this is your avatar for some other forum. It is 29,890 Kb, and it is 100x100 pixels... so I believe it's inside those boundaries.

I tried playing with separate boxes for each letter, but since there is quite a number of letters, it would require a lot of frames. A lot of frames = large animation, large file size. So that was out of question... this way I managed to create a 3D animation and it's still below 30 Kb. Hope you like it.

@Ylap - Hello my friend ! Well, what can I say... they are not that "shiny" as you say. I also see a lot of artifacts around edges. That is obvious when you use more than 2 or 3 color paletes (for example, you have a lot of orange shades, blue shades and green shades and all of them inside the same picture. Gifs can hold only 256 color palete and not a single color shade more. So if you want to get those blue shadings nice and smooth, you'll get them becase Gif will calculate nice and smooth transitions between all blue shades. If you want it to be super smooth, you will have to use at least 128 color shades... that leaves you with rest of 128 color shades to the above mentioned total of 256... if you have two more colors like in this example I'm talking about, green and orange... it means, you will be able to use 64 color shades for each color. You know that 64 gradients will look much uglier than 128 or 256. Or you can give your green color 96 shades and that will leave you with only 32 for he orange palette. I believe that's exactly what happened to your avatar.

If you ask me, do not be concerned about that... it is totally not important since all your avatars look good whether they are 256 colors avatars or just 32 colors pictures.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2006, 10:00:19 PM »
Thanks! I'll have it in mind in the furure  ;)

SNOWHITE

« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2006, 10:22:05 PM »
I tried playing with separate boxes for each letter, but since there is quite a number of letters, it would require a lot of frames. A lot of frames = large animation, large file size. So that was out of question... this way I managed to create a 3D animation and it's still below 30 Kb. Hope you like it.

Thank you Sasha wonderful work as always i am very happy :D  ;D oh i see there are no avast letters but, anyway great avatar!!!
Thanks again!!!

Cheers

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2006, 10:32:55 PM »
You have avast! logo inside your avatar for this forum. You said you need this one for some other forum.

SNOWHITE

« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2006, 10:44:28 PM »
You have avast! logo inside your avatar for this forum. You said you need this one for some other forum.

It's okay Sasha please dont change anything i like it this way...I just upload the new avatar in geeks to go forum and looks great  thanks ;D

drhayden1

« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2006, 10:52:37 PM »
Nice avatar snowhite :D
As always SZC great work ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 10:54:27 PM by drhayden1 »

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #235 on: September 20, 2006, 10:42:03 PM »
Hello again Sasha!  ;) Just folowed your advices, and made new avatar, which looks better now. I set background picture (the blue one) to the 128 colours before I've used it for gif, so, as you said other 128 colours were left for monitor and green ticks  ;D Thanks again for your advices  ;) Your the best  ;D

New_Age

« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2006, 01:17:36 AM »
szc,

I see that you do a great job on making Avatars for the members here on the Forums. I would like one as well but what do I need in order for you to do so? Any Info. needed?

Well, if any Info. is needed my Fav. program is Maxthon which is a Browser and my fav. CPU is the AMD Athlon Xp based Processor. If you want a turn around you could do something with a AMD Logo and a Avast! Logo but IDK. Can you come up with something for me ???

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2006, 05:25:48 AM »
Here it is... little bit dark-styled. Don't know if you like it or not, but you will have to go with it anyway, because I'm really tight with free time right now...

Cheers !

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2006, 05:37:53 AM »

Thank you Sasha wonderful work as always i am very happy :D  ;D oh i see there are no avast letters but, anyway great avatar!!!
Thanks again!!!

Cheers

Here is one with avast! logo... I had to decrease the number of colors to get this file size under 30 Kb. What can we do... good old saying: "how much money you pay, that much music you get"

New_Age

« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2006, 12:27:07 PM »
Here it is... little bit dark-styled. Don't know if you like it or not, but you will have to go with it anyway, because I'm really tight with free time right now...

Cheers !

OMG! Thx you so much  :)