Author Topic: No sound in Avast IS 6.0.1203  (Read 8506 times)

Spulci

Re: No sound in Avast IS 6.0.1203
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 10:43:15 PM »
What I want to say is that Avast sounds disappeared last month suddenly. I've got Vista SP2 64 bit edition with all Windows update patches. Games, Vista, all third parts utilities have sounds...just Avast is without sound on my system.
I do not update sound drivers because Asus does not release any new version since months. My motherboard has ADI Soundmax sound chipset. I've got the latest DirectX fix too (using dxwebsetup.exe downloader from Microsoft). There's no driver conflict at all.

I really hope that one of Avast developer could give me some hints to help the Avast team trying to solve this issue. I know it's not a primary issue: it's not a BSOD one...but after the release of the next version, I suppose that one developer should investigate this problem with me...just for the fact I'm not the only one with this issue.

ady4um

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 11:11:34 PM »
I'm sorry to hear you still have this problem.

About the sound driver, I am suggesting to UNinstall it anyway, even if it is indeed the latest version of the driver, and then reboot.

You can download the same latest driver again and install it anew. In between the uninstall and reinstall, Windows might try to use default drivers, and those might work (after a second reboot). Once the latest driver is reinstalled, the problem "may" disappear.

And I agree with you that this sounds issue needs some developer from Avast Team. Opening a bug ticket might help too.

Spulci

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 11:43:18 PM »
I opened a ticket now with a link to this thread. Hope that VLK or other Avast team could read it soon.