Author Topic: SBC Console Install Failed  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Bret Miller

SBC Console Install Failed
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:35:12 PM »
After several attempts, I finally got through all the mirror downloads, but now I'm getting another weird error. This time, I'm really not sure what it means, so I'm attaching log files.

Offline Bret Miller

Re: SBC Console Install Failed
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 05:28:25 PM »
OK. I have a clue as to what happened from the Windows system event log. It says, "The avast! Administration Console service depends on the following service: MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS. This service might not be installed."

That is bad. I installed this using an existing SQL 2008R2 Express instance on another server, so that service is NOT installed on this server and therefore the avast! service cannot "depend" on it (that is, require it to be started prior to the avast! service starting).

Besides installing SQL 2008R2 Express on this server, is there any way to get around this install error??

Offline Bret Miller

Re: SBC Console Install Failed
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »
No worries other than the issue might affect someone else.

This server runs WSUS in addition, so I followed Microsoft's instructions to migrate from Windows Internal Database to SQL Express 2008R2 for that. Then because SQL Express was installed on the server, the BP installation went perfectly fine. So now I just have to learn it...