Author Topic: MAIL SCANNING  (Read 2424 times)

SCORPIONINBLUE

MAIL SCANNING
« on: November 11, 2004, 05:46:28 PM »
Just a quick not of praise for you guys at Avast, I've been using your home edition after failing in my attempt to download Norton resource hogging program!!  I wasted $50 bucks on something that my computer can't accomodate be cause it sucks up so much memory!!  I got this hand me down from my brother and had to do a major overall and cleanup, it was ridden with spy and adware with the worst offenders, Kazaa, Gator, Ezula, you name it.  I found Avast through www.downloads.com and have been a devoted user ever since.   I have Yahoo and used thier web based mail for all my needs, and I realized that Avast doesn't cover web based email.  Just out of curiosity I set up an Outlook Express account and started using it for my mail needs.  I have to tell you that I'm really impressed with the way Avast handles my mail, it gives me a sense of real protection to see it  actually scan each one and sets off the warning when it finds something infected.  I just delete the whole thing when it does automatcally since I'm a member of serveral Yahoo groups.  Sorry to be so long winded, I wish I had set up the mail wizard months ago!!  Later!!
Scorpioninblue ;D

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:MAIL SCANNING
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 06:07:57 PM »
I have to tell you that I'm really impressed with the way Avast handles my mail
You will be even more impressed if you upgrade to Avast 4.5 :D

SCORPIONINBLUE

Re:MAIL SCANNING
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 06:54:31 PM »
Oh I intend to!