Author Topic: [Questions] replace old SBC with new one and new computer ? about submirror ?  (Read 4235 times)

jacky

Hi All,

I have some questions regarding SBC :

1. Let's say i have one SBC running well on the network with 100+ client, then suddenly the computer where SBC installed need to be replaced.
So, i use another computer and install new SBC (the ip address is the same with old SBC).
Can the client's BPP communicate with the new SBC automatically ? or i have to re-deploy the new BPP to the client ?

2. I have customer using computer with 2 accounts. Account1 using domain and Account2 using Workgroup.
I deploy BPP to that computer when using Account1 and it's successfully connect to SBC.
Then i log off and login with Account2, but the BPP cannot communicate with SBC.
What cause this problem ?

3. How to config submirror in SBC ?
Is it possible if the network diagram like this ? ex : Internet - SBC1 - router - SBC2 (cannot connect to internet) - Clients (cannot connect to internet)
I need SBC2 to get Update (Program and Definitions) from SBC1, so BPP at Clients can get the Update from SBC2.

===============================================================================================

4. I have test at customer with this condition : SBC installed at computer that join a domain and successfully did the Unattended Deployment to other computers that :
- also join the same domain with SBC (communicate well with SBC)
- using workgroup (but it couldn't communicate with SBC + the license became trial)
Can't BPP at workgroup communicate with SBC that join a domain ?

Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:14:58 AM by jacky »

mm_p

HI,
We also have same problem with BP console. If we re-install avast-managed on computer(client) the connection is established. All computers in the same workgroup.
Any idea for resolving this problem?
Thanks.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
1. Let's say i have one SBC running well on the network with 100+ client, then suddenly the computer where SBC installed need to be replaced.
So, i use another computer and install new SBC (the ip address is the same with old SBC).
Can the client's BPP communicate with the new SBC automatically ? or i have to re-deploy the new BPP to the client ?
the client tries to connect to "SBC server" defined by FQDN. You can check it Setting > Troubleshooting on the client. Therefore if the "new" SBC server will be using the same FQDN then it should work - it means the clients will try to connect to the same "FQDN" still.

Quality is also a feature.

jacky

@lukas

Thanks for your answer.

I have added another question at first post  ;)