Author Topic: How to turn off/remove avast! from Mac after license expired?  (Read 4043 times)

REDACTED

How to turn off/remove avast! from Mac after license expired?
« on: August 24, 2011, 04:23:48 PM »
Hi, I have been unable to solve this avast! problem on my own.  This forum is a great idea!  If I can get help with this that would be much appreciated.

I have an avast! install on my Mac that I had forgotten about.  The license is apparently expired.  However, the application seems to be running in the background, because I just started using mail on this Mac, and now I get an avast! popup every couple of seconds notifying me that I have an email.  The popups continue every few seconds, and takes focus away from whatever application I'm in, and it can only be dismissed with a click.  The popup says:

avast! antivirus found the following problems in received e-mails:

2 messages with attachments scanned

0 messages infected (they are marked red)

3 messages skipped (they are marked yellow)"

the dismiss button is labelled:  "Zero counters & Close"

When I go to try to access avast! to turn off this feature, I'm told I can use the application because the license is expired.

Here is a picture:

As you can see, I wasn't even able to complete the action of taking a screenshot of the avast! license popup before another avast! email alert appeared.  They are popping up every few seconds.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks to any who respond...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How to turn off/remove avast! from Mac after license expired?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 04:54:12 PM »
Sorry I can't help with this one, but it may get a better response on the avast! 4 for Linux/Unix/Mac forum, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=5.0.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 04:54:50 PM »
Thank you!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 04:58:29 PM »
You're welcome, this side of the forums is usually, though not exclusively, populated by us windows types ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security