Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1279 **  (Read 175857 times)

stitt

Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - v6.0.1270 **
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2011, 10:05:37 AM »
possibly a issue here... anytime the system boots up or goes to sleep and comes back i have not internet access till i open a browser and after a few seconds the page will load and the yellow exclamation goes away over the wireless bars and i have internet but until i do this i can not update a program or similar. this is on 2 different systems one laptop one desktop both are wireless. with avast uninstalled or the previous version it works just fine

still same issue with this new version....
Same here, not even Avast can connect for a while.

Jack 1000

Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1273 **
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
So with the new definitions update pop-up notification, what does "More Details" lead to at this time?  Does it just open the GUI?

Jack

DavidCo

« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2011, 11:35:03 AM »
These queries about wireless answer my question elswhere
I have had an issue with Avast & my wireless card all along

What is it with wireless?

I use an Edimax 7218g, Ralink chipset

jrace

« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2011, 11:54:14 AM »
So with the new definitions update pop-up notification, what does "More Details" lead to at this time?  Does it just open the GUI?

Jack

How about just clicking on it and you will see?!   :o

Hermite15

« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2011, 12:12:59 PM »
the "more details" button is - as expressed by the Avast team - and yes as obvious as it was when it got introduced a while ago already, just a way to generate more traffic to Avast web site. From a user point of view, it brings absolutely nothing, no info, nothing.It's just a promotion button, period.

Hermite15

« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2011, 12:16:59 PM »
and yes, I'm getting the exclamation point too on my wifi tray icon when resuming from sleep mode, but funnily I can still connect normally while the warning is still there. Don't know if that's avast related, only an uninstall of the product could tell. And I have no idea if that's new or not, I just tested the wifi after reading the posts here, I usually connect via ethernet.

DavidCo

« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »
Logos
I don't get the exclamation point anymore but have the switch to local only.
But I can still launch a browser and it then switches to local & internet.

Seems to be several people with this issue as I posted
What chipset do you have.
Is it just wireless drivers, scratching around here waiting for someone to solve it :)

I have uninstalled Avast for now and have no issues with my wireless!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2011, 02:07:01 PM »
the "more details" button is - as expressed by the Avast team - and yes as obvious as it was when it got introduced a while ago already, just a way to generate more traffic to Avast web site. From a user point of view, it brings absolutely nothing, no info, nothing.It's just a promotion button, period.
It also shows information about what definitions have been updated.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2011, 02:22:52 PM »
It would make sense if clicking on an update button would send you to the VPS history page. But then again they'd have to update VPS history page at the same time as the actual definitions, otherwise there would be litle point in doing so. Just pointing users to the www.avast.com doesn't make much sense as that's not "more details" but is more like "just some unrelated info".
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Nesivos

« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2011, 05:07:56 PM »
It also shows information about what definitions have been updated.

I believe it also takes you to Avast "Support" with one click after reaching the Avast website.  Lots of good information at "Support"

http://www.avast.com/support

gdiloren

« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2011, 05:11:51 PM »
I already did,
I installed Sandboxie beta 3.57.08 in both computers in my W7 PC Avast does not register anything on the script shield and in XP sp3 PC Sandboxie does not start.

Anything I can provide? am I the only one who's having this problem? any one else here in my situation?
Confirmed on Win7 32bit with Sandboxie 3.4.4.2
Stopping Behavior Shield solves this problem.
Adding exclusions "C:\Program Files\Sandboxie\*.exe" does not solve this.
Strange, I have absolutely no problem on this pc with sandboxie ;D

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2011, 10:23:47 PM »

What makes you think so?
I think the landing page is quite reasonable in this case.
http://www.avast.com/en-us/lp-fr-virus-update
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Nesivos

Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - v6.0.1270 **
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2011, 10:26:05 PM »
possibly a issue here... anytime the system boots up or goes to sleep and comes back i have not internet access till i open a browser and after a few seconds the page will load and the yellow exclamation goes away over the wireless bars and i have internet but until i do this i can not update a program or similar. this is on 2 different systems one laptop one desktop both are wireless. with avast uninstalled or the previous version it works just fine

still same issue with this new version....
Same here, not even Avast can connect for a while.

How long is your Windows boot time? 

By delaying certain non-essential programs I can get to the internet faster on my netbook connected through a wireless connection.  On my desktops I have not noticed any internet connection delay issues.

You might want to search out some "start-up" optimization software.  I use it and it helps to speed up my start-ups. :)

Hermite15

« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2011, 10:35:22 PM »

What makes you think so?
I think the landing page is quite reasonable in this case.
http://www.avast.com/en-us/lp-fr-virus-update

Okay you got a point for the definition details... this said you ever had a look at the "wow that was close" page when testing an EICAR file? ... I mean no matter what the blocked threat is, you won't get any details about it, but just a "lucky you you got Avast up and running" sort of message. Ok we've been through this discussion long ago already, main thing for me is threats get blocked... If you could just tell me how useful this is, I'd be glad:

"Yes, that was close, but relax... avast! just saved a crash!

Compared to the past, when email was the key method for spreading viruses and spyware, now more than 80% of malware spreads via the internet. In fact, latest avast! Virus Lab research shows that, contrary to popular myth, it is the ‘normal’ sites one might frequently visit that are infected – not just the adult or otherwise ‘dodgy’ sites. Actually, dodgy sites account only for 1% of all infected pages.
Browse safer virtually, with the avast! SafeZone™

You can never be absolutely sure that your machine is 100% clean. But now with SafeZone™, you can have a secure virtual space from which malware is not able to steal your sensitive data.
Personal information can be stolen in transit by spyware such as keyloggers and via infected websites through insecure internet connections. While internet users sometimes have the option of selecting secure DNS or HTTPS connections, multiple layers within many sites make this a complicated process. This security vulnerability is most critical for people that extensively shop and bank online.
An innovative "inside-out sandbox" for greater security, SafeZone™ counters remaining weaknesses by creating a virtual desktop isolation within the computer, to block invasive malware applications.
You have it, so why not use it? Browse virtually with avast! SafeZone™

gdiloren

« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2011, 10:42:32 PM »
I had a look at the web page when you press the button in the update pop-up and it's perfect to me. Let's waste time on more useful matters!!! ;)