Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1279 **  (Read 175853 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - v6.0.1270 **
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2011, 07:32:32 AM »
I'll make a preview on how i think it should look like.

As for the HTTPS Everywhere extension. On one end, yes, you prevent Web Shield from scanning the connection but then again but on the other, with HTTPS you make sure that there is no injected content along the way and that the web site is trusted. I'd say it's very unlikely that such webpage would be infected though i won't say it's not possible. In that case File System Shield and Auto Sandbox should do the trick.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline freeforever03

« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2011, 08:16:05 AM »
I just upgraded to Avast Free v6.0.1270. The installation went well. However, when I rebooted the system, the Behavior Shield blocked Firefox from running. I had to add Firefox to the Trusted List. I shouldn't have to do this for such a well known program.

Offline freeforever03

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2011, 08:47:43 AM »
I am running Windows 7 (X86). I just ran a program update test and found that the Gadgets disappear when running a program update check. This is new behavior for Avast.

jrace

« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2011, 08:52:31 AM »
The update popups...

What I like:
I like that the version number is included.

What I don't like:
The button...It just doesn't look right...
I think like RejZor... The button is not compatible with the rest of the GUI: ugly, brings too much attention.
The version number is a good improvement.

It looks like something out of the scrap box!

jrace

« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »
I am running Windows 7 (X86). I just ran a program update test and found that the Gadgets disappear when running a program update check. This is new behavior for Avast.

Normally I am not using the gadget. But I tried it and the behaviour is standard. No disappearing during updates!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2011, 09:00:26 AM »
Gadgets dont disappear here.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2011, 09:03:18 AM »
This is how i'd do the popups:

It will do the job, looks nice and is very discrete. Looks light years better imo...

jrace

« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2011, 09:24:55 AM »
I just upgraded to Avast Free v6.0.1270. The installation went well. However, when I rebooted the system, the Behavior Shield blocked Firefox from running. I had to add Firefox to the Trusted List. I shouldn't have to do this for such a well known program.

All in all it looks like something messed up during installation. You might try a repair install or a complete clean reinstall.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2011, 10:03:05 AM »

It will do the job, looks nice and is very discrete. Looks light years better imo...
I think there is one more solution. Instead of the ugly buttons on the alarm (red) and update (green) pop-ups you could leave only links with the words "More detals...>>>" in big white bold font.

And some words about the Russian translation. The English "More details..." is translated as "Развернуть..." but the Russian word "развернуть" means "to expand" in English. The right translation would be "Подробнее...". Please, correct the translation on all pop-ups.
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »

+1 I totally agree
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2011, 11:01:37 AM »

+1 I totally agree
May be it would be well for English but in Russian this text will be much longer: "Щёлкните это окно, чтобы посмотреть подробности...".
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2011, 11:11:23 AM »
Well the popup can be extended as far as i know.

They could just use "More details..." text with the same font as the rest and underlined so it looks like a link.

Like this:

Underline gives the feeling that "More details..." text is in fact a link that will lead you to the extra info despite the fact that entire popup is a button... Looks nice and will work for languages that have longer words as well. Simple and effective. And looks good as well.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2011, 11:15:20 AM »
They could just use "More details..." text with the same font as the rest and underlined so it looks like a link.

I like this one. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

osants911

« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »
Installed 6.0.1270 over the top of 1203 and everything is working fine so far.

Thanks for this awesome beta avast! team  :)

Jack 1000

« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2011, 11:33:43 AM »
The update popups...

What I like:
I like that the version number is included.

What I don't like:
The button...It just doesn't look right...

+1!

That button thing's gotta go!  It just looks out of place.  Version number is very cool!

Jack