Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1279 **  (Read 177317 times)

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - v6.0.1270 **
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2011, 11:50:30 AM »
They could just use "More details..." text with the same font as the rest and underlined so it looks like a link.

I like this one. :)
+1
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

jrace

« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2011, 12:24:23 PM »
Well the popup can be extended as far as i know.

They could just use "More details..." text with the same font as the rest and underlined so it looks like a link.

Like this:

Underline gives the feeling that "More details..." text is in fact a link that will lead you to the extra info despite the fact that entire popup is a button... Looks nice and will work for languages that have longer words as well. Simple and effective. And looks good as well.

That's the one I'd like to see! :-* :-* :-*
But make the dark green area wit the "More details..." a bit more narrow so you don't cover the "recycle arrows" in the background! The width could go all the way over from left to right in the original green area or even shaded.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:35:47 PM by jrace »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2011, 01:13:12 PM »
That dark green square that you see behind is just a square of the similar color that i used to cover that white and yellow ugly thing so i could write my text on the popup. If avast! guys add the wgite "More details..." text like i did there won't be this green rectangle in the background.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2011, 01:40:15 PM »
Well... The update popup, reduced in my computer to 4 seconds and just to be informed and show everyone I'm updated with a beautiful day has it's days... On this way, I'll disable the popups :)
The best things in life are free.

Silk0

« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2011, 02:12:51 PM »

Like this:

Underline gives the feeling that "More details..." text is in fact a link that will lead you to the extra info despite the fact that entire popup is a button... Looks nice and will work for languages that have longer words as well. Simple and effective. And looks good as well.

I fully agree with you.
Looks a lot better... gonna hope that avast! team will change that before the release of the stable version.

---------------------------
Updated from avast! 6.0.1203 to this last beta and everything works smoothly (so far) here.
Good job.

jrace

« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »
That dark green square that you see behind is just a square of the similar color that i used to cover that white and yellow ugly thing so i could write my text on the popup. If avast! guys add the wgite "More details..." text like i did there won't be this green rectangle in the background.

Yeaaa, next time I'm gonna switch my brain on! ;D

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »

Like this:

Yes, it is much better. But I'd like the Avast team not to forget to make some correction in Russian in the pop-ups of all colours:
The English "More details..." is translated as "Развернуть..." but the Russian word "развернуть" means "to expand" in English. The right translation would be "Подробнее...". Please, correct the translation on all pop-ups.
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1273 **
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2011, 03:24:38 PM »
The beta has now been updated to v 6.0.1273 (see the first post of this thread for details). Please use the in-product updater to get this version.

BTW you have spent like 5 pages of this thread discussing the look of the new button on the toaster popups. Let me just say that the reason the button looks like it looks is that it allows us to drive more traffic to our website. Please respect this decision. I personally would like to see more relevant content on the landing pages, but this is an on-going process.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

[HUN]kranazoli

« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2011, 03:41:37 PM »
"And new in build 6.0.1273:
- Solved the Firefox crash issue
- A few stability improvements in the sandbox module (e.g. PDF reader support)
- Cosmetic changes in the UI"

Nice! Well Done!
Although I didn't have any crashing issue with Firefox 7 beta 1. But Script Shield also doesn't work in Firefox 7 beta 1. That's OK, because this is just a beta firefox version. (which will land very soon) :)

gdiloren

« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2011, 03:59:45 PM »
Updated through the program to v. 1273. Just tested the pdf "improvements" in Sandboxed browser. In Sandboxed FF7 I still cannot open a pdf "bill" from a secure web site. ???

[HUN]kranazoli

« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2011, 04:00:50 PM »
"Although I didn't have any crashing issue with Firefox 7 beta 1."

"But Script Shield also doesn't work in Firefox 7 beta 1."

Oooops! Might be I was wrong. It seems to me working. Actually once I have seen it. :)

jwall

« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2011, 04:05:01 PM »
The beta has now been updated to v 6.0.1273 (see the first post of this thread for details). Please use the in-product updater to get this version.

BTW you have spent like 5 pages of this thread discussing the look of the new button on the toaster popups. Let me just say that the reason the button looks like it looks is that it allows us to drive more traffic to our website. Please respect this decision. I personally would like to see more relevant content on the landing pages, but this is an on-going process.

Thanks
Vlk

Now, if you could fix the high CPU issue some (me) are having...
When starting a scan, CPU goes 100% and avastsvc.exe in task manager is the culprit, I think.
I have NO other security software installed.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:14:04 PM by jwall »

jrace

« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2011, 04:05:09 PM »

BTW you have spent like 5 pages of this thread discussing the look of the new button on the toaster popups.

Thanks
Vlk

Vlk: Take it as a compliment!
If there are no bugs to discuss we start discussing buttons and cosmetics.

Version .1273 installed (GUI) and operates flawlessly.
No problems discovered.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2011, 04:15:29 PM »

Thanks
Vlk

Well, page traffic or not, it looks horrid and from my point of view i'll have to disable this ugly thing completelly. Just when you incorporated settings to set the time of popups so i could set it to 5 seconds... Now it's no use when popup looks this ugly. Seriously, simple white text would do it just fine opposed to this yellow button which is just offensive.
And if you think 5 pages are wasted because we are talking about some popup, i can't share the same opinion. I'm a perfectionist and as such i prefer that products are polished, consistent and properly looking and working. Sticking such yellow buttons on top of a beautiful interface looks more like an act of desperation than anything else. But that's just my opinion.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

gdiloren

« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2011, 04:17:22 PM »
Ok, Vlk, the pdf is working in a sandbox Google Chrome browser but not in the FF7 beta sandboxed. May be it's beta. Now, it's acceptable, I'll tend to use Chrome. Just try to do all the improvements for Chrome in the next beta version of Avast please. Thanks!!! :) ;)