Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1279 **  (Read 177182 times)

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - v6.0.1270 **
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2011, 05:02:13 PM »

It's better than the old "More info" button but still looks ugly and out of context. Just doesn't feel right. Can't this be done properly so it looks consistent with the rest of the GUI ? Plz!?

If you ask me a simple "click this popup for more info" on the bottom of the popup with white font would do it. Same size and font type as the rest of the popup, not thiss big ass thing.
I like it as it is ;D

+1 :D ;)

I hate the current More Info button. It would be better if its something like crystal blue type as it is in GUI.
It really looking ugly and making notification too ugly too :(
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

miscreant

Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1273 **
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2011, 07:24:33 PM »
Script shield is going mad at http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Continual scanning ,using windows 7 64 bit and 6.0.1273 AIS and firefox6
Switching it off for now.
m
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 07:31:11 PM by miscreant »

DBone

« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2011, 07:49:02 PM »
This isn't directed at anyone, but rather everyone.............Stop crying about the notification button...........Jeez ::)

Offline MayuraDeSilva

« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2011, 08:35:39 PM »
Installed from scratch and works seamlessly... :)

BUT avast! notification pop up More Details... button design really really ruin the notification pop up appearance... It's really odd and not suite even to display... A link would be better than that button... Please consider and change it avast! guys...

Cheers...

Alright... Let's give some time for this...

Cheers...

See Vlk:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=83583.msg681807#msg681807

miscreant

« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »
Are there many here that have the avast icon animated in the tray?. With this new script shield ,its getting ridiculous and constantly rotating at loads of sites/web pages.Is this going to be the norm or is there a bug?.
This is just one page where the script shield continually scans.Surely this isnt right?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edimax-EW-7416APN-Wireless-802-11n-Access/dp/B001HW0JVU
m

EDIT...
Ive noticed that the script shield seems to be stopping the clock hands moving at the bbc main homepage
http://www.bbc.co.uk/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:00:18 PM by miscreant »

miscreant

« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »
After more messing ,it seems that admuncher and avast script shield is causing this.If I disable admuncher filtering then exit admuncher completely and restart firefox ,the script shield doesn't ,continually scan and the clock hands (previous post) rotate.It seems to be happening on certain webpages for some reason.Anyone else using admuncher can confirm?

nailzs

« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2011, 10:21:45 PM »
Firefox 6 and IE8 do not work. Everything else connects with the internet.
Installed no browser. Uninstalled browsers are fine.

Win7 64bit Comodo 64bit firewall

Is webshield being allowed through the firewall

Comodo was uninstalled during the last AVAST install, after I wrote the first problem report. I got the same result.
What had happened I had to RMA the motherboard I was using, reinstalled the hardware on the replacement motherboard, fired up the computer, AVAST updated the virus definitions, everything else worked, Quake 3 Arena, Comodo firewall update, but not the browsers.

Ok, no one can help, but that's ok. AVG works fine. I have full use of everything.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2011, 10:50:48 PM »
Thnx Team :)

I am back from a short holiday, and installed the BETA over the top. So far so good 8)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline Rompin Raider

« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2011, 04:33:26 AM »
This isn't directed at anyone, but rather everyone.............Stop crying about the notification button...........Jeez ::)

I'll drink to that!!!!! Thanks DBone!
Win10 Pro 22H2 64 bit Avast Premium Security/uBlock Origin

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2011, 04:54:24 AM »
I wish there was a feature in Avast! that would let us hide the button on the notifications. cause well umm i like the button on the notification and again i don't (Does that make sence?)   :)
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2011, 04:55:27 AM »
Thnx Team :)

I am back from a short holiday, and installed the BETA over the top. So far so good 8)

Greetz, Red.

Welcome back from the short holiday ;D
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

marco275

Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - v6.0.1270 **
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2011, 01:21:58 PM »

It's better than the old "More info" button but still looks ugly and out of context. Just doesn't feel right. Can't this be done properly so it looks consistent with the rest of the GUI ? Plz!?

If you ask me a simple "click this popup for more info" on the bottom of the popup with white font would do it. Same size and font type as the rest of the popup, not thiss big ass thing.
I like it as it is ;D

+1 :D ;)

I hate the current More Info button. It would be better if its something like crystal blue type as it is in GUI.
It really looking ugly and making notification too ugly too :(

How is the color of a button important?  Ik also like the link to the website for extra info.
Great that now you can see if some banking virus that you read about is adressed or not.
What i don't like is that my Win XP laptop is taking a huge amount of time to boot now.
The desktop appears but when i place the mousepointer on the windows toolbar it turns into an hourglass until the avast icon appears. This takes nearly 2 minutes.
Also when files (jpg) are sent to me via MSN Messenger i get the message 'virusscan failed'.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2011, 02:09:09 PM »
God I wish everyone would stop quoting this sodding image and multiple nested quotes.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

DavidCo

« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2011, 02:25:38 PM »
Remember the old Windows joke where a cascade of small windows flowed down the screen ::)

Perhaps this is the Avast forum version ;D

Diazruanova

« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2011, 03:49:09 PM »
Script shield is going mad at http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Continual scanning ,c AIS and firefox6
Switching it off for now.

After more messing ,it seems that admuncher and avast script shield is causing this.If I disable admuncher filtering then exit admuncher completely and restart firefox ,the script shield doesn't ,continually scan and the clock hands (previous post) rotate.It seems to be happening on certain webpages for some reason.Anyone else using admuncher can confirm?

I am NOT using admuncher, but nonetheless I have the same behavior on this page which belongs to one of the most important newspapers in Mexico:

http://www.excelsior.com.mx/

From the moment I open this site, avast´s Script Shield starts analyzing and will NOT stop until i close the site.

Note: This ONLY happens when using Firefox 6.0  (even in SAFE mode with ALL the add-ons disabled!) and NOT IExplorer 9 which works fine. Also using windows 7 64 bit and avast PRO 6.0.1273