Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1279 **  (Read 175841 times)

Nesivos

Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1279 **
« Reply #345 on: September 05, 2011, 03:57:26 PM »
Real-time Shields with "Shield Logs" on the traffic graph GUI.

Slow on the uptake here :-[ but I just noticed the following.  Using FF 7.0B3

The graphs for the Real-time Shields are showing activity however the "Shield Logs" (to the right of "Show Traffic History" are empty.

That is because nothing has been found (presumably) only detections (as is indicated by the column headings in the display) it doesn't record OK files in the same way other shield log don't.

If that is the case and it makes sense that you are correct then the name of these log links in the GUI should be changed "XXX Threats Detected Log". :)   Just saying.

Nesivos

« Reply #346 on: September 05, 2011, 04:11:36 PM »
I believe that there is another confusing word usage in the Real-Time Shield area.

When you click on "Show Traffic History" --- "Time Period" ------ "Today" for a Real-Time Shield count of items scanned, the count of items scanned it not for "Today" but for the last 24 hours.  So the count has to be corrected to reflect "Today" or the wording changed to say "Last 24 Hours"

At least in America when people say "Today" they are referring to a Calendar date which starts at 00:01 (12:01 AM) and not the last 24 hours.

ISTM that it would best to change all the count periods to commence at 00:01 on the computer's clock and leave the wording alone.

JMO :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #347 on: September 05, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »
The graphs for the Real-time Shields are showing activity however the "Shield Logs" (to the right of "Show Traffic History" are empty.

That is because nothing has been found (presumably) only detections (as is indicated by the column headings in the display) it doesn't record OK files in the same way other shield log don't.

If that is the case and it makes sense that you are correct then the name of these log links in the GUI should be changed "XXX Threats Detected Log". :)   Just saying.

Well the log link has to pretty clear, by just shows Shield log as this name is carried through all shields.

So I feel avast are right to try and maintain a consistency through all shields, as it also makes it easier in the translation consistency and also keeps the word count down for translations in the UI.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

BrollyLSSJ

« Reply #348 on: September 05, 2011, 05:09:06 PM »
So far this beta is running smooth on both my systems (W7 32 and 64 Bit). I did not encounter any problems yet.

Nesivos

« Reply #349 on: September 05, 2011, 06:48:23 PM »

Well the log link has to pretty clear, by just shows Shield log as this name is carried through all shields.

So I feel avast are right to try and maintain a consistency through all shields, as it also makes it easier in the translation consistency and also keeps the word count down for translations in the UI.

Sorry but the Log Link is not clear at all according to what you said it shows. You said it shows "only detections" yet the link says "Shield Logs"

Shield Logs in American means complete shield logs whether there is a "detection" or not.  If in fact you are correct that the "Shield Logs" show only detections then the link should say "Shield Log Detections"   There is no translation problem here in adding one word to all the Shield Log links.

Then again maybe you are incorrect and the term "Shield Log" is supposed to do what it says; i.e show all "Scanned Scripts".

Either way something needs to be fixed, IMO 8)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #350 on: September 05, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
For what it's worth I just up-dated to 1279 and the script shield works in both IE and FF. I was wondering if anyone else has checked their CPU usage, Mine dropped dramatically. From about 30% to around 5%. RAM also dropped from 1.4 GB to 1.25 GB.   :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:17:37 PM by Para-Noid »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #351 on: September 06, 2011, 01:49:11 AM »
.1279 not ready to go?

Seems fine here.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

dagrev

« Reply #352 on: September 06, 2011, 03:50:02 AM »
Virus defs are showing that it needs to be updated on the UI summery page.  I run update but it says I already have the up to-date version.  After this the summery page does not mention the update needed.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #353 on: September 06, 2011, 04:05:31 AM »
Reboot if that doesn't resolve it - Try a repair of avast:
XP - Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

Vista, win7 - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair. This has in the past resolved this out of sync issue between reported and actual VPS version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

nigel1

« Reply #354 on: September 06, 2011, 10:40:09 AM »
Can you not set Web Rep to work with Firefox 7 and 8 as well.  You have done that you say for the script shield?

That way you will be "on track" with the Firefox 7 release and ahead of Firefox 8

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #355 on: September 06, 2011, 10:43:43 AM »
Can you not set Web Rep to work with Firefox 7 and 8 as well. 

That's already included..!
Are you using the latest beta..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0