Author Topic: Help! Clicking link within a website displays unfamiliar icon (& won't open link  (Read 2854 times)

tmcevil

When I go to the website for my local school district (I'm a substitute teacher there), click a pulldown menu & one of its options, I go to a page that has multiple links. When I click the one for substitute log-in, my Windows Vista computer displays a little icon that looks like something is exploding - an irregular-shaped, yellow with red outline, star-like symbol - and it will not open that link.  Does this icon sound like something generated by Avast, or could it be coming from Windows?  Either way, does anyone know what's causing it? Your help would be appreciated.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
can you attach a screenshot  ?

lower left corner > additional options > attach

you probably need to save it as GIF...or it may be to big

tmcevil

can you attach a screenshot  ?

lower left corner > additional options > attach

you probably need to save it as GIF...or it may be to big

The icon I'm talking about only stays on the screen for 2-3 seconds.  I pressed Print Screen during that brief period, and Pasted the screenshot into Paint, several times, but it only captures the screen without the icon.

SHARKY7SHARKY

You can try this

Use the run command:
Open "DCOMCNFG" to open up the Component services
Expand `component services' and `computers' and right hand click on `properties'
This would open the properties for My Computer and click on "Default Properties"
Ensure that
Default Authentication Level is
"Connect"
Default Impersonation Level is
"Identify"