Author Topic: Is avast right for me?  (Read 2088 times)

rgrant1993

Is avast right for me?
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:16:33 AM »
I need maximum security inside my pc. Im working on an unpatented product that needs no peeping eyes. I already own AvG internet security licence. However, i have checked out the Avast virus definitions and noticed it is better than AvG. Should i purchase Avast or run with AvG?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Is avast right for me?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »
However, i have checked out the Avast virus definitions and noticed it is better than AvG
now i am curious..... how are you able to see that    ???

Should i purchase Avast or run with AvG?
hmmmm.....if you have to guess....what answer do you think you get in avast! forum   ::)

rgrant1993

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 12:05:57 PM »
Haha, i know there will be some bias in peoples answers x D and the definitions are encoded into the program and updated every now and then.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »
and the definitions are encoded into the program and updated every now and then.
but how can you see that one is better then the other just by looking at the definitions released......
if it was that simple then VB100 / AV comparatives and all the other virus testing companys have something to learn from you   ;)

you can not compare the signatures you see posted at the vendors website, bc every company does this different
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:21:19 PM by Pondus »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 12:58:11 PM »
<snip>
Should i purchase Avast or run with AvG?

Well obviously we will be somewhat partisan on this question, however, what you shouldn't do is try and run the two together.

Having two resident anti-virus scanners installed is one too many and not recommended as rather than provide twice the protection it can cause conflicts that could leave you more vulnerable.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security