Author Topic: Web Shield detected as not running if there are connection problems at startup  (Read 2488 times)

warlock

Sometimes when my ethernet-cable bridge (I have this configuration: PC -> WiFi router -> eth-cable bridge) is offline at the time I turn on my PC, avast complains that Web Shield is not running, even though it actually is (I see opened listening ports and the communication is correctly redirected). This doesn't happen every time (only happened 2 times out of 15 restarts), so it seams to be some race condition.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
See if a repair of avast solves it.
Start > control panel > software > avast > add/remove > select repair

mitchell64

Sometimes when my ethernet-cable bridge (I have this configuration: PC -> WiFi router -> eth-cable bridge) is offline at the time I turn on my PC, avast complains that Web Shield is not running, even though it actually is (I see opened listening ports and the communication is correctly redirected). This doesn't happen every time (only happened 2 times out of 15 restarts), so it seams to be some race condition.

I have the same problem exactly as you described, i have tried all sorts including clean install of Avast.

It's not really a big problem, just more annoying than anything and as you say web shield is actually running.

ady4um

I'm not sure if this will actually help, but it is simple enough to try it.

Avast main GUI -> settings -> troubleshooting -> "load Avast service after other system services". Save and reboot.

If, after testing, this doesn't solve the problem, please return that setting back to its previous condition.

naren17

It happens sometimes. I too have experienced it few times. But you dont have to do anything as actually the webshield is running & after few secs-min Avast automatically turns protected i.e all shields running.

Thanxx
Naren