Author Topic: installed clients appear disconnected  (Read 29814 times)

wimmme

Re: installed clients appear disconnected
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »
Wimmme, please restart the service on the server site.

Until now I'm not see any issue with new SBC.
I have installed on XP SP3, Win2008 R2, and Win2003 SP 2.

I did, and as before, that solves the problem temporarily. Probably tomorrow the connections with the clients get lost again ....
Re-enabled my scheduled task to restart the services in the morning to stay ahead of the problem ...
Well, pick the name of one of the clients disconnecting itself (not important which one, just focus on one of them). Then open the console, go to Admin->Computer login audit trail and tell me how many login attempts are there related to the picked client. Are there many relogin attempts per day? (you may event attach a screenshot of the listing here).

How many client computers are you using (approximately)?.

I have about 30 clients. On days when it works as expected, I daon't have many loggings, on other days I see the sam client connecting every second !
While iknow for certain nothing is wrong with that client !
I have 100 pages logging for the last week ...

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:03:48 AM by wimmme »

Offline JBG

• Avast team
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 12:50:34 PM »
wimme:
HMMM, that's definitely not right. Could you tell me the version of avast! being reported by "precheemek.xtenso.local", it should be 6.0.1324.0, is that true?

wimmme

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »
wimme:
HMMM, that's definitely not right. Could you tell me the version of avast! being reported by "precheemek.xtenso.local", it should be 6.0.1324.0, is that true?

It is 6.0.1324:

But now when it is working correct i do not see this behaviour (services were restarted this morning at 06h00):

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:09:27 PM by wimmme »

Offline JBG

• Avast team
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2011, 02:39:02 PM »
Thank you wimmme, you have the right client version. We solved some client reconnection issues in previous versions but those shouldn't occur anymore. But something strange really happens at your environment. We will try to find the actual source of problems. If you would like to help us, there is another piece of information we would appreciate to obtain. There is a separate log for the transport layer between avast! Administration Console and clients. It may be found on the client side at %ProgramData%\AVAST Software\Avast\log\sbctransport.log. When the problem reoccurs (e.g. on precheemek.xtenso.local), could you attach that log file here? There should definitely be some strange error messages in there after such many reconnect attempts (one per second). Thanks again. Jan.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:40:41 PM by JBG »

wimmme

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2011, 03:00:27 PM »
Thank you wimmme, you have the right client version. We solved some client reconnection issues in previous versions but those shouldn't occur anymore. But something strange really happens at your environment. We will try to find the actual source of problems. If you would like to help us, there is another piece of information we would appreciate to obtain. There is a separate log for the transport layer between avast! Administration Console and clients. It may be found on the client side at %ProgramData%\AVAST Software\Avast\log\sbctransport.log. When the problem reoccurs (e.g. on precheemek.xtenso.local), could you attach that log file here? There should definitely be some strange error messages in there after such many reconnect attempts (one per second). Thanks again. Jan.

I will when it happens again. I disabled the scheduled task to restart the Avast services on the console, so probably tomorrow when the clietns are disconnected I'll post the log here ...

wimmme

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2011, 12:31:39 PM »
You are not going to believe this, but the disconnects do not happen anymore, neither the reconnections every second. Maybe posting this will trigger it to happen again ( :P ) , if not i'll post an update to state the problem is fixed !

Offline JBG

• Avast team
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2011, 12:37:59 PM »
You are not going to believe this, but the disconnects do not happen anymore, neither the reconnections every second. Maybe posting this will trigger it to happen again ( :P ) , if not i'll post an update to state the problem is fixed !

After many years in SW development, trust me, I'm able to believe anything ;). Could it be possible that your clients were pre-6.0.1324 when the problem had actually occured? That is before we started our question/reply ping-pong on the forum? Because that is the only auto-solution possible coming to my mind. Otherwise, the problem may still be existing, although non-manitestative. Thx. Jan.

wimmme

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »

After many years in SW development, trust me, I'm able to believe anything ;). Could it be possible that your clients were pre-6.0.1324 when the problem had actually occured? That is before we started our question/reply ping-pong on the forum? Because that is the only auto-solution possible coming to my mind. Otherwise, the problem may still be existing, although non-manitestative. Thx. Jan.

I had only 1 client that was not yet on 6.0.1324, and that was our SBS 2011 server itself (also hosting the SBC). We are software developers too, I know the feeling: Anything is possible !
I'll keep this post up to date. If I don't get disconnects I'll mark it as solved ...

wimmme

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 01:05:07 PM »

Yes ! NO !
It happened again  :(

I know about this user (preccourts) that he has unplugged his computer at +/- 9h35 from the wired network, continued wireless, roamed to anther Access Point (possible IP switch ?), gave a demo, returned to his desk and the first AP, en then plugged in his network cable again.
He is working without any problems on our network but still apears disconnected ...

EDIT: added all_the logfiles.txt (please rename to all_logfiles.zipx). contains all recent updated files
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:19:43 PM by wimmme »

wimmme

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »
I can confirm that right now all my clients in the default group appear disconnected ! I should restart the services to be able to manage them again.
Only the server itself (SBS2011)  which hosts the SBC also appears online ...
If you need more logfiles, please let me know. I would like to restart the avast services but I'll wait for response, I can test some things now if you need me to....

Offline JBG

• Avast team
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
I can confirm that right now all my clients in the default group appear disconnected ! I should restart the services to be able to manage them again.
Only the server itself (SBS2011)  which hosts the SBC also appears online ...
If you need more logfiles, please let me know. I would like to restart the avast services but I'll wait for response, I can test some things now if you need me to....
Hi wimmme,
if you could attach a few more sbctransport.log files from other clients (i.e. two more logs), it would be great. Nevertheless, the problem exists and we will try to reproduce it in our labs from now on. So don't hesitate to restart your main service if it helps and I'll let you know when I'll find out more.

wimmme

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 10:30:29 AM »
attached a few more; didn't restart the services, now all clients are disconnected, even the server (kermit) itself (!, localhost !)

wimmme

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2011, 10:49:18 AM »
this one is interesting too !
I restarted the avast services on the sbc at 11/03/2011, 10:36

wimmme

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2011, 10:08:25 AM »
The only thing I can think of that might be different between our installation and that from others, and that seems to have an effect is that almost all our client computers are simultaneous connected with 2 network interfaces to our LAN, Wired and Wireless ...

soaked

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »
Could you please check what is the memory load of the computer?