Author Topic: arguement path for ashquick.exe  (Read 14522 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:arguement path for ashquick.exe
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »
Are you sure that it's not a problem with spaces inside the (unquoted) filename?

gott_ad

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 08:30:24 PM »
i'm using freedownloadmanager and the argument that ashQuick gets is %file% (default option) but ashquick doesn't scanning only the downloaded file. he scanns the whole folder. but i think, this isn't a big problem.

i'm also using firefox and i'm seraching the plugin, where the downloads in firefox will be scanned. can you help me? ::)

conazus

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 08:41:45 PM »
i'm using freedownloadmanager and the argument that ashQuick gets is %file% (default option) but ashquick doesn't scanning only the downloaded file. he scanns the whole folder. but i think, this isn't a big problem.

i'm also using firefox and i'm seraching the plugin, where the downloads in firefox will be scanned. can you help me? ::)

if you already have your download manager set to scan...  use firefox extension  "download with"  , set it up to use your download manager  and you can do it that way
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 08:45:16 PM by connie »

conazus

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 08:44:18 PM »
You can find the downloadwith  extension here:

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showforum=13&prune_day=100&sort_by=A-Z&sort_key=title&topicfilter=all&st=90

there is also one called:  download scan and it will automatically scan downloaded files..   just set it up to use ashquick   :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2004, 09:16:15 PM »
Are you sure that it's not a problem with spaces inside the (unquoted) filename?

Yes, it is the problem.
How can I send a file with spaces to be scanned by ashQuick.exe without parameters?
I can right click it in Windows Explorer but I can't use it into FlashGet (download manager).
avast works when FlashGet downloads a file without spaces into its name  :'(
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2004, 09:35:31 AM »
I'm afraid you can't - a name with spaces inside has to be enclosed in quotes.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2004, 12:05:30 PM »
I'm afraid you can't - a name with spaces inside has to be enclosed in quotes.

Would it be so difficult to develop a parameter for ashQuick.exe 'add' these quotes while started by other applications?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2004, 12:30:32 PM »
Parameter, meaning a "command-line argument"? I would expect that if you are able to pass the additional argument (which would have to be the first one!), you should be able to put the quotes around the filename as well... (or not?)

Otherwise, ashQuick can hardly tell whether you pass a single filename to it (containing spaces) or multiple areas... OK, some simple checking possibly could be added (such as if the whole commandline forms a name of an existing file, use it - don't split)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2004, 01:09:28 PM »
Parameter, meaning a "command-line argument"? I would expect that if you are able to pass the additional argument (which would have to be the first one!), you should be able to put the quotes around the filename as well... (or not?)

Otherwise, ashQuick can hardly tell whether you pass a single filename to it (containing spaces) or multiple areas... OK, some simple checking possibly could be added (such as if the whole commandline forms a name of an existing file, use it - don't split)

I suppose a comman-line argument will work.
No problems on being the first one as, now, I use no arguments at all. It will the first and only one... I can test if you have a 'different' ashQuick.exe to send to me  8)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2004, 02:20:43 PM »
Actually, I chose the second option... added some "cleverness" into the command-line processing, so that now it should be able to accept non-quoted paths (if only a single filename is passed on the command line, of course).
You can check the modified executable here: http://www2.asw.cz/~glucksmann/ashQuick.zip

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2004, 06:07:19 PM »
Strange...

ashQuick.exe works (like before) if I use Windows Explorer context menu (i.e., it will scan both files with and without spaces).

The download manager does not even ask for ashQuick scanning... Now I have nothing, no file is scanned  :'(  :-\  :(