Author Topic: A simple question before buying avast [solved]  (Read 4539 times)

Offline gautam7

A simple question before buying avast [solved]
« on: September 01, 2011, 06:37:59 PM »
Hi friends i am a long time avast free user. Today while shoping online i noticed they are offering avast antivirus for a very low price and i want to buy it, but the problem is they are not showing the version number (its orange color not blue) So if that is say version 5 then will it autoupdate to version 6 and consequently to version 7 when released next year?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 07:21:47 PM by gautam7 »
Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: A simple question before buying avast
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
Hi friends i am a long time avast free user. Today while shoping online i noticed they are offering avast antivirus for a very low price and i want to buy it, but the problem is they are not showing the version number (its orange color not blue) So if that is say version 5 then will it autoupdate to version 6 and consequently to version 7 when released next year?

Thanks

Gauti, Can you give us the link where you are trying to buy?

Offline gautam7

Lenovo B40 laptop/ core i3 4010U CPU (1.7 GHz)/ 4.0 GB RAM/500 GB HDD,OS: windows 10 64 bit, Browser: Google Crome/ FF (adblock plus, lastpass,) Security: Avast pro 10, MBAM (free).

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 06:56:47 PM »
Oh nice. Hadn't observed it on flipkart.com Have been buying them from so many days and how come I didn't observe that they have added avast. It should be added very recently because only today morning had I checked the software category.

They are reliable guys. You can surely update and upgrade to the latest version until you have a valid license.

Offline gautam7

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 07:02:11 PM »
I am trying to buy avast from several month now but in assam(my state) there are not a single shop where i can buy it. Its sad actually. Avst should consider to extend business in this part of the world its an excellent product. And you are right too i offen serched for avast in flipcard and today finally got it.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 07:11:19 PM »
I am trying to buy avast from several month now but in assam(my state) there are not a single shop where i can buy it. Its sad actually. Avst should consider to extend business in this part of the world its an excellent product. And you are right too i offen serched for avast in flipcard and today finally got it.

Yeah. Not everywhere avast is available. Its sad but true. Fortunately, avast is on flipkart.com now. Hope they will give us better deals on it and multiple user version too.

Go ahead and buy if you're planning to buy. flipkart.com people are very reliable.

Offline gautam7

Re: A simple question before buying avast [Solved]
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 07:19:57 PM »
Yeah. Not everywhere avast is available. Its sad but true. Fortunately, avast is on flipkart.com now. Hope they will give us better deals on it and multiple user version too.

Go ahead and buy if you're planning to buy. flipkart.com people are very reliable.

I will wait for some days to see if they add three user licance. Thanks again for confirmimg i can upgrade till one year even if it was version 5.

Thanks and good night  :D

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: A simple question before buying avast [solved]
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 07:22:46 PM »
Happy Ganesh chaturti. Did you have modakas?

You're Welcome.

Offline gautam7

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »
Happy Ganesh chaturti. Did you have modakas?

You're Welcome.

Definetly and happy ganesh chaturthi to you and your family too. Lord ganesh bless us all.

Good night

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »
Definetly and happy ganesh chaturthi to you and your family too. Lord ganesh bless us all.

Good night

Thank you.