Author Topic: reinstalling os  (Read 1848 times)

michaelgg13

reinstalling os
« on: September 01, 2011, 07:12:31 PM »
hi,
   i just bought a new motherboard and processor so i will be required to reinstall my os when the parts come today. I was just wondering if i can deactivate one of my 3 licences( the one im using) for when i reinstall avast on the fresh os install. or else i will lose my avast subscription for this pc. thank you!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: reinstalling os
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:11:22 PM »
You'll not lose your avast subscription. Keep the license file safe and reinstall it.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: reinstalling os
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:12:49 PM »
You don't have to deactivate it, you are allowed to have it installed on X number of systems at any one time (X being the number of licenses you have). So in cases like this is isn't the number of installs you have done, but the number of systems it is currently installed on and active getting updates, etcetera.

Provided you have saved your license.avastlic file, you can just use your license file again and it will give you the remainder of your license period.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security