I'm glad to announce the general availability of a new avast program update, version 6.0.1289
Here's a list of most important changes:
- New Script Shield - now scanning deeper and supporting more host processes
- Web Shield now scanning all processes by default
- Stability improvements in aswSP.sys
- Better tracking of file sources
- WebRep now working in new versions of Firefox
- Under-the-hood improvements in the Behavior Shield and Sandbox modules
- Solved a compatibility problem with certain Steam-based games
- Minor improvements in the product UI
- Various other security and stability related fixes
Special thanks goes to everyone who helped testing the beta builds.
It is recommended to upgrade to this latest version by using the in-product updater. Alternatively, you can use these direct
Free AV: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_free.exe
Pro AV: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_pro.exe
IS: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_ais.exeNote: If you have any problems with this new version, please do NOT post to this thread; start a new topic instead. Ideally one topic per issue.